Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Makaton

(9 Posts)
MissSunny Tue 07-Jul-09 23:03:50

Message withdrawn

cjones2979 Tue 07-Jul-09 23:16:21

Hi Lisa

Try ebay, lots of people sell discs of Makaton on there for a few quid.

HTH.

MissSunny Tue 07-Jul-09 23:26:39

Message withdrawn

cjones2979 Tue 07-Jul-09 23:33:00

No probs. I hope you find what you need.x

anonandlikeit Tue 07-Jul-09 23:42:56

Some local areas run courses & offer free places to parents/carers.
Try asking the local SEN preschool co-ordinator or maybe the local CDC or surestart centre.

I taggged on to a course being run for local pre school staff.

misscutandstick Wed 08-Jul-09 07:25:29

Try 'something special' - its meant for the kids but quite watchable. Its on BBC iPlayer. will also help

do you have a SALT? they OFTEN run courses. many ASD groups do as well. Portage/inclusion may also know someone whos able to help.

SOme colleges also do it, its a lot cheaper than using the official bods that do courses - around £50 per course instead of around £200.

HTH XXX

MissSunny Wed 08-Jul-09 14:30:29

Message withdrawn

bubblagirl Wed 08-Jul-09 14:38:18

i learnt makaton at my local sn group they run lots of courses SALT is speech and language therapist

jubee Wed 08-Jul-09 21:53:34

Makaton Training 01276 681368
email info@makaton.org
www.makaton.org
My sons special needs school put on courses for parents and the teaching assistants. talk to special needs school locally and see if they do any courses. Try the numbers above, they got a load of stuff to buy. Its best to watch someone doing it rather than from a book. Something special on Cbeebies really good. We watch it all the time and learn new signs together and remember ones we had forgotten. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now