Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Moondog wants to alert you to a fantastic little gadget that some of you lot might find useful.

(5 Posts)
moondog Mon 06-Jul-09 21:45:59

It's the Motivaider

Basically it is a little thing like a pager you fasten to yours (or your child's belt) and programme to vibrate at certain times.

Very useful for things like reminding someone to visit the toilet (kid) or to make a positive comment (adult) or to initiate eye contact (kid).

You can even wear one at the same time as your child and set them to vibrate simultaneoulsy, so that you know when he gets the 'message' and can note whether he responds accordingly.

We have started using them for toilet training. I think they have huge potential.

lingle Mon 06-Jul-09 22:33:18

thank you moondog.

Barmymummy Tue 07-Jul-09 11:53:26

Wow my friend might like that idea as she is truggling to train her 4 year old...thanks.

Seuss Tue 07-Jul-09 12:27:14

That's really cool. I think that would really appeal to my ds due to the gadgetry (and DH) - I'm going to have a good read at all the uses but think we might be investing! Thanks.

Seuss Tue 07-Jul-09 12:34:05

I'm thinking we could use it for stopping teeth-grinding and the 'work now play later' idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now