Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

its a wwyd swine flu question

(4 Posts)
Woooozle100 Mon 06-Jul-09 20:49:13

have been given the option by school nurse of keeping dd (age 4) off school (sn) cos there's been 1 case of swine flu in the secondary school. Other than using the same entrance / pool there's not a lot of contact between where my dd is and the secondary bit

nurse has contacted all the most vulnerable children's families with this info.

my inclinination is towards sending her still. She's at hospital a lot / would hardly be keeping her in a bubble so can't see how this would really make fat lot of difference in limiting her exposure to virus.

but obv I don't want her to get it and would do any sensible thing to prevent

SirSupportman Mon 06-Jul-09 22:08:27

Just wanted to say that although there may be no contact between your DD and the secondary bit, at the school I work at all the staff have a team breif in the morning and some have breaks together. So it could be possible that a secondary member of staff to have the virus and then pass onto a member of staff working with your DD. Don't want to affect your decision but wanted to point that out.

lucymum2four Mon 06-Jul-09 22:17:10

Few kids in my dd and ds school have swine. school stayed open as usual as advised by health athority, said as was such a wide spread in community that closing school would not benefit! that was over a week ago, have heard nothing since. would be nice to be informedhmm

Woooozle100 Tue 07-Jul-09 09:40:30

I work in a hospital and I understand from there that it is v widespread. Obv I can't entertain the idea of not going to work cos of risk

thanks for yr replies. Hmmm hadn't really thought about the staff

lucymum2four - think keeping people informed is the key. Sounds a bit half hearted that school gave out initial information but nothing since

dd was the only one on the bus today. Speaks volumes I guess (er that other families have kept kids off - haven't really considered that they're really ill with it)

Am scared really. And stuff like this never normally scares me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now