Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Gift for an autistic boy

(5 Posts)
crazylizzy Mon 06-Jul-09 14:32:04

Hi everyone, I am in need of some advice and wonder if you could help smile

Someone we know has recently given us some lovely hand me downs from her son for our DC and I would like to get her son a gift just to show our appreciation. He is autistic, (severally) he's 13, doesn't talk, not toilet trained etc, and I really don't know what the best gift would be for him, can anyone point me in the right direction please? Many thanks

dinosaur Mon 06-Jul-09 14:33:29

Oh, bless him sad.

You could ask his mum if he likes music and if so, what sort? My DS3 is autistic (much younger, only 5) and loves music, and although he can't really talk, he can sing.

Frasersmum123 Mon 06-Jul-09 14:37:36

Does he like picture books? They are always a hit with DS.

silverfrog Mon 06-Jul-09 15:44:32

what are his interests? I agree music could be good - my dd1 loves it, and spends a large part of her time listening to her favourites.

anonandlikeit Mon 06-Jul-09 16:01:26

Is there anything he like doing, maybe a family swimming pass to local pool, if it is something he can access.

Or a local Zoo or similar.

My ds2 doesn,t really get gifts, he doesn't really play with anything but a treat to something he can enjoy is always appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now