Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Somebody take him please

(15 Posts)
meea Tue 17-May-05 13:48:11

He is driving me mad he is talking or making a noise contantly won't sit still if I turn my back on him for a second he has done something naughty.When I try and stop him following one of his obsessions he is completly loosing it he has been kicking and spitting and I just want someone to take him away isn't that an awful thing to say but I am exhausted by his behaviour.

sylvm Tue 17-May-05 14:01:30

There probably isn't anyone from this board who hasn't felt what you're feeling at the moment. I have frequently just wanted someone to take DD and leave me on my own. Do you have someone who can take him, even for an hour, to give you a break? Thinking of you.

SoBlue Tue 17-May-05 14:07:24

This is exactly how my ds is very loud all the time and during a tantrum really wild,he is big (age 7 clothes but he's 4)so it's getting more difficult. Finding his triggers will really help evade some of the tantrums but not cure them. Haven't found that answer yet, just put him in a safe spot to kick himself out or if able take him to his room to calm down. I am trying to organise some respite care to give me a bit of a break every now and again, just a few hours. It might be an option for you. HTH

Thomcat Tue 17-May-05 14:15:40

No it's not an awful thing to wish, not at all. Is it a wish that you can make come true though? Is there anypone that can give you an afternoon off? Sod for an hour, you need at least the whole morning or afternoon, if not the day. What are your realistic options?

meea Tue 17-May-05 14:24:07

Unfortunatly there arn't any options no family and no friends who live near us.
I am going to leave him with Dh this evening for a couple of hours while I take dd to her skating lesson.
It is so frustrating that he behaves like a little angel at nursery but is a monster for me.
He seems to have calmed down a bit now he is switching his vtech smile on and off.At least he isn't wrecking the house at the moment.

Thomcat Tue 17-May-05 14:30:25

Hmmmmmmm, can DH take charge for a few hours on Saturday so you can go for a swim / have a massage / manicure / some refloxology, whatever???

meea Tue 17-May-05 14:39:15

My lovely Dh is leaving on friday for a week in a 5* hotel because he is teaching to far away to come home.
Which is probably why I am feeling so fed up as it is only going to get worse next weeek.Left with 4 kids and no car as i can't drive.I am seriously considering going away for a couple of days after he gets back though.

Thomcat Tue 17-May-05 14:42:47

i think ypou should stop thinking about it an book yourself in somewhere ! Where do you live?

meea Tue 17-May-05 14:45:18

I live in sheffield may have to spend his payment from royal mail while he's away.

Thomcat Tue 17-May-05 14:49:38

oh bit far to come to me or me to come to oyu then.
Yes get spending and get booking.

meea Tue 17-May-05 14:56:02

Um what should I buy will have to give this some serious thought.At least I don't need to buy nappies anymore I have just opened a letter saying that we are entitled to 4 packs of pampers a month.

Thomcat Tue 17-May-05 15:00:04

good news about the nappies.
I think you should buy a day at a spa, or an afternoon at a salon getting pampered.
And buy some nice bath salts etc and a new CD or a film you've always anted to own on DVD?

Blossomhill Tue 17-May-05 20:02:50

Meea Poor you, yes I have been there!
This may not be for you but have you spoken to SS about some kind of respite care. I am having a care assessment done for dd soon as I think she (and we all) would benefit from a little break now and again!

Davros Tue 17-May-05 22:24:34

Don't mean to sound flippant, but what about some driving lessons? it would transform your life.

misdee Tue 17-May-05 22:32:33

apply toi the family fund if u fit crtieria for driving lessons. i got them paid for (havent started them yet) as i am my dd's main carer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: