Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Not SN, but want to ask question about Race For Life!

(14 Posts)
sphil Sun 05-Jul-09 22:17:30

I'm asking the question on this board as I'm not generally 'known' outside it and you're a friendly bunch who won't flame me. Is it within MN etiquette to ask for sponsors for Race For Life on here? Or do you think that it's self-defeating as so many Mnetters will be taking part in the event themselves or sponsoring someone they know in RL? Or a bit cheeky, as although I feel I 'know' some of you, I don't really know you at all!
Please be honest - I don't mind.

mummysaurus Sun 05-Jul-09 22:28:39

I'm also running in race for life!!! It hadn't actually crossed my mind to ask for sponsorship here.

Good luck with the race - I'm going to try and run all the way even tho in training i've not yet managed to run that far (5k in my case).What about you?

Maybe we should try and do something next time for a disability charity?

meltedmarsbars Sun 05-Jul-09 22:30:15

I've just done a strawberry Tea Party for a local disability charity - t'was lovely and v successful.

Only got RL people to come - can't do virtual strawberries!

sphil Sun 05-Jul-09 22:36:55

I was intending to run some of the way, but haven't kept up with my training at all, so will probably alternate between walk and stagger blush. I'm running with my SN Parents' Support group and having a barbecue here afterwards + all their kids - will probably be chaos!grin

mummysaurus Sun 05-Jul-09 22:46:38

sounds like fun - hadn't thought about the aftermath - would love to get sozzled but still bf my 8 month dd!

sarah293 Mon 06-Jul-09 08:19:21

Message withdrawn

sphil Mon 06-Jul-09 10:37:17

It's a country-wide event organised by Cancer Research UK - women only. You can walk or run.

cyberseraphim Mon 06-Jul-09 10:49:21

Can we send money by Paypal to your fund ? That would make online sponsoring a lot easier as I assuming you cannot send the DSs round to our doors !

sphil Mon 06-Jul-09 12:00:26

Ooh, I don't know - hang on, will check!

sphil Mon 06-Jul-09 12:03:37

Yes, you can! But I feel a bit embarrassed now as Mummysaurus is also doing the race - and maybe lots of other people too. Perhaps it would be better for people to CAT me if you want the link to my online page?

cyberseraphim Mon 06-Jul-09 12:43:51

ok _ I think I have your email from the 'doll days' so will contact you there as I don't have CAT - other than 2 moggies here

sphil Mon 06-Jul-09 13:15:32

grin. Thanks Cyber. I still have the doll - this has reminded me to do a thread asking if anyone wants it next...

mummysaurus Mon 06-Jul-09 13:44:30

Hi Sphil

please don't be embarrassed; it sounds like people really want to sponsor you. It is for a really good cause and it doesn't matter who people sponsor so long as the money gets raised.

go on put your link in... grin

sphil Tue 07-Jul-09 10:38:49

I suppose you're right - it all goes into the same pot. Thanks MS smile It's here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now