Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Wish me luck because im bricking it!

(5 Posts)
Frasersmum123 Thu 02-Jul-09 21:13:37

DS2 has his Playschool taster session on Monday and im terrified. I know its going to go badly.

Its held in the same church hall as DS1's cubs, and when we go and pick him up DS2 screams and cries until we leave. I know if anything its going to be worse on Monday because its going to be noiser.

I have in the back of my mind the fact that he has warmed a little to nursery after 6 months, so I know that although its a bloody tough road we might just get there in the end. I want him to go here so he can become used to the people he will hopefully go to school with.

So please keep your fingers crossed for me

siblingrivalry Thu 02-Jul-09 21:20:12

Hi again -just replied to you on my threadsmile

Wish you both the best of luck on Monday.

How many children will there be in the session?
DD1 actually enjoyed pre-school and there were 15 children in her group.

I know what you mean about the noise levels causing problems, though. However, he may just surprise you smile

mummysaurus Thu 02-Jul-09 21:53:18

Good luck on Monday. My ds doesn't have AS (probably) so not really comparable but I agree about sometimes being suprised.

My ds has attachment issues -still cries when i leave him at the childminder who he loves (he goes off happily when dh drops him). Cos of these issues I was expecting the worst when we went to the settling in session but he found the sand tray and was so engrossed he didn't even look up when I left.

hope for the best but prepare for the worst!

I took jam sandwiches everytime i picked up ds for the first weeks as he loves them and gave him something to look forward to and helped with the exhaustion. He was and is shattered after preschool

coppertop Fri 03-Jul-09 10:39:18

Wishing you the best of luck for Monday. xx

Frasersmum123 Sun 05-Jul-09 17:03:41

Thanks everyone, im so nervous

I always do this though, I get so worked up about something and convince myself of all the terrible things that might happen.

Will let you know how it goes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now