Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ed psyc tomorrow - any advice

(3 Posts)
catkinq Wed 01-Jul-09 22:36:38

We are seeing the ed psyc tomorrow re dd - she is 8 any may have Aspergers. I'm not sure what they do or what we need to do - any advice? What should we expect? TIA

cjones2979 Wed 01-Jul-09 23:10:30

Hiya. You really shouldn't worry yourself over this meeting. All the ed psyc will do is ask you about any worries/concerns you have about your dd. They will let you know what worries or concerns the school has brought up with them too and you will be able to give your opinions. They will let you know what the next step will be in trying to get your dd a diagnosis and also probably discuss the possibility of getting her statemented so that she receives as much support at school as she needs.
My ds is 5 and was diagnosed with autism when he was 3. He started school last september and we have already had a few meetings with the ed psyc. She has been really helpful and told us what to expect and kept us informed of what was happening too. He now has his statement which took about 6 months.
Good luck and please let me know how you get on. Feel free to ask me anything else and I will try to help as much as I can.

mysonben Wed 01-Jul-09 23:13:00

hmm... got some answers on my thread about E.P.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now