Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DS having the biggest meltdown ever in the shop where i work! [blush]

(4 Posts)
mysonben Tue 30-Jun-09 20:39:07

I had a bad feeling about taking ds2 straight from nursery to the store where i needed to get a prom shirt for ds1 asap.

OH boy! As soon as he realised we were taking a different road than the one for going home , he started shouting 'not that way!...' (i had tried to tell him we were going shopping but i could see he didn't really understand) , when we get there he kicks off because he wanted to sit in a small trolley not a big one (not possible as dd was with us too) , then we go straight to the clothes department and he keeps pointing at the lights acting restless and licking the trolley bars. He suddendly see a Roary watch and starts yelling 'roary watch'. Then we go past the lift , he goes into one because he wants to press the button to watch the doors open and close. Then when we get finally at the checkout (where most of my work colleagues are) he is in full meldown mode , jumping up and down ,flapping his hands ( first time i notice him doing it), he is screaming at the top of his lungs ...everyone was watching ! sad
It carried on in the car because we weren't going the way he wanted, so i took him straight to his room for time out.
A total nightmare this was!

5inthebed Tue 30-Jun-09 20:50:54

Ah the age old tantrum in the shop meltdown. DS2 used to be dreadful at going into the shop, but we started using his PECS and first/then board, and he is a lot more adjustable to it.

Hope your work are ok with you, I can't see why not. Of course this heat does not help!

mysonben Tue 30-Jun-09 20:58:32

Yes, i'm sure work are ok , we see lots of tantrums anyway. It's just that it was embarrassing because all the staff knew me , if i'd been in a different shop i wouldn't have batted an eyelid but there i think they might gossip behind my back... Maybe i'm just paranoid! grin

5inthebed Tue 30-Jun-09 21:38:54

No they'll probably gossip wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now