Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Do you find that a 'good' day at school = a 'bad' afternoon at home?

(6 Posts)
lou031205 Tue 30-Jun-09 16:16:53

Picked DD up from preschool - "We've had a lovely afternoon"

No sooner out of the door, but meltdown, refused to get in the car, kicked me in the eye angry because I lifted her into the seat, pinched my chin as hard as she could, etc.

I find that the nicer they claim the day to be at preschool, the more I get it at home sad. I am tired of it.

mysonben Tue 30-Jun-09 16:24:50

Yep that applies to my ds too. He 's usually difficult at home when he has done well at nursery, or on occasions it takes it all out of him and he is exausted and is very passive and just sit there gazing at the tv for the rest of the afternoon.

Or even if mil comes over to babysit for a reason or another, she says how good he has been ...no trouble at all. Then he turns into a monster for us, won't listen to anything, throws a tantrum every 5 mins, is defiant...
wink It can be hard can it!

Barmymummy Tue 30-Jun-09 16:28:59

Yes can relate to the babysitting bit! If he goes to my parents or mil's he is good as gold but as soon as he's home he can be a handful again sad

cjones2979 Sat 04-Jul-09 21:39:47

Same here. My DS is good as gold for my mum but a nightmare when he gets home. Same with school, if he has a good day, he has a bad afternoon/evening at home !!

5inthebed Sat 04-Jul-09 22:12:57

God yes! DS2 was especially like this when he started SN nursery last Sept. I was completely beside myself as his home diary said he was so good, enjoyed himself blah blah blah.

His Sn teachers said it was to do with the fact that school had strict routine, constant adult attention etc, so it was probably just ds2 "rebelling" a bit at the none structure of home.

othermother Sat 04-Jul-09 22:14:25

My ds is very well behaved at home apparently, but as soon as he gets out of the school door he turns into a monster. He's screaming and tantrumming right now...I hate it!

Seriously fed up with it all tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now