Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

stupid motability

(15 Posts)
sarah293 Tue 30-Jun-09 15:23:48

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Tue 30-Jun-09 15:44:45

Message withdrawn

glitteryb6 Tue 30-Jun-09 19:30:57

wish i could win the lottery i'd give you it myself!

i could be doing with a wee windfall too, brook miller phoned last week to say the WAV's coming in 4 weeks instead of the 10 i was expecting so i had a major panic that i wouldnt have all the money in time, then the other day my mum phoned to say she'd got a loan out of the credit union for what i was short! blush

you sound like you're having a rough time lately, did you manage to get someone sorted to go to the SKIUK camp?

monstermansmum Tue 30-Jun-09 22:39:32

have you asked about getting a charity to donate towards the deposit? There are quite alot that would consider it-local Lions and Freemasons especially. Put something in the local paper lamenting the cost of having a severe disability or maybe organise a fundraiser in the pub etc???? I know that you are really busy and probably wont have the time but it might be worth the effort!!

sarah293 Wed 01-Jul-09 07:01:02

Message withdrawn

LollipopViolet Wed 01-Jul-09 13:07:35

This system is fatally flawed. Those in a position like yours riven, should get the most they can, that they NEED! I can't imagine what you go through to get a car like this, my uncle gets his covered by high rate mobility....why for a severe disability do they skimp on the help!

PipinJo Wed 01-Jul-09 13:22:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HecatesTwopenceworth Wed 01-Jul-09 13:28:56

It's awful that they don't have anything suitable on nil deposit!

meltedmarsbars Wed 01-Jul-09 13:29:13

Its totally frustrating to try to get transport for a wheelchair user - everything is just so much more!

Why is it that one higher rate mobility DLA recipient can get the car "free" yet another has to pay thousands just because that person can't stand up so needs a WAV? It that fair? Or is life just never fair and we have to lump it?

I sympathise with your predicament.

2shoes Wed 01-Jul-09 14:41:04

would they not let you have one with a ramp

sarah293 Wed 01-Jul-09 16:24:48

Message withdrawn

2shoes Wed 01-Jul-09 17:15:13

would it not work with a winch.

sarah293 Wed 01-Jul-09 17:19:29

Message withdrawn

glitteryb6 Wed 01-Jul-09 17:56:50

was it a transporter with a lowered floor or one without the floor lowered that you tried?

i only ask as the ones with the lowered floor tend to be less steep so not as much of an angle and also the ramp is much much shorter

You've saw how far back ds is tipped in his chair and he was fine with the lowered floor of the Sedona

does anyone do a transporter with a lowered floor or did you look at the O&H Peugeot expert that has a lowered floor and the LWB version takes 2 wheelchairs

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Wed 01-Jul-09 18:08:33

You know that's not ther easons for the bills don't you (though I know it feels like it)- just doing our council tax benefit claim and they need same thing- bills for prrof of ID as they do when opeing bank account, CB proves you are 'main carer' for child, bank statements so they can check you're not laundering money for the Mafia.

Anyway this or list of trusts just click on each one to get who can apply

I know its ahrd to find time I do, and frankly I think the whole things sucks immensely. angry for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now