Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Lovely start to the morning

(11 Posts)
HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 30-Jun-09 07:57:44

Got the kids stuff together, fetched pants from ironing pile, realised something's a bit stinky, examined pants and there's a huge poo welded to one of the pairs of pants.

hmm HTF?? [boggle]

Did one of them poo in their pants and stick it in the ironing pile (they've never done that before)? or did a whole poo manage to escape detection during Pre Wash Pants Inspection, go through the washing machine AND tumble drier, still stuck to the pants, and get taken up and chucked into the ironing pile without anyone noticing. hmm

And now I have to sniff all the clothes in case we have contamination. <sigh> To avoid that lovely ironing moment when the heat of the iron releases <french accent> "Repulsion" by Calvin Klein. <rolls eyes>

I tell you something, they don't mention this stuff in the books or the bloody bounty packs! grin

TheFool Tue 30-Jun-09 08:00:19

Hmmm... any way they had been left near the tumble drier and you just sort of gathered them up on the way?

I don't think they did the wash cycle or you would have lots of little bits of poo wouldn't you?

More importantly here, why the f*ck are you ironing pants woman?!?!

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 30-Jun-09 08:04:59

That's possible grin

re ironing pile - I have a System. Clean clothes get taken to my bedroom and put in a heap on the floor. This is my Ironing Pile. Once or twice a week blush I get on the floor and I sort it into piles. My clothes - for ironing. kids clothes - for ironing. Himself's clothes = for chucking in the bottom of his wardrobe if he wants them ironed he can do it himself. pjs & pants, sheets etc - for chucking in drawers/back on bed. socks - to spend many happy hours playing Pairs, until I want to hang myself.

Just saying ironing pile makes me sound uber-organised grin

bubblagirl Tue 30-Jun-09 08:05:25

lol ironing pants you must have time on your hands lol

and the poo well that will remain a mystery i hope it hasnt made all your other stuff smelly though

the things we do

TheFool Tue 30-Jun-09 08:08:53

I was thinking that I didn't picture you with a neat efficient ironing pile! (no offense)

That makes it more likely that they are unwashed poo that have gotten caught up wink

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 30-Jun-09 08:10:25

Do I not come across like the kind of woman who would have a neat ironing basket and crispy pressed pants then? grin How well you know me!

silverfrog Tue 30-Jun-09 08:10:27

sorry, hecate, but that did make me grin

hope all the other clothes aren't affected (I have a very similar ironing pile - learnt from my mother, whose ironingnpile was never sorted out - it all got folded and put on the pile, and we could pull out what we needed and t was pressed, such was the enormity of the pile. It used to get turned over top to bottom when the season changed blush)

<as an aside, my grandmother used to iron socks - now that's having too much time on your hands!>

sarah293 Tue 30-Jun-09 08:12:12

Message withdrawn

bubblagirl Tue 30-Jun-09 08:16:05

reminds me of that advert on tv with the starched crisp y fronts like cardboard thats really you isnt it lol

TheFool Tue 30-Jun-09 08:19:31

I loves you

mysonben Wed 01-Jul-09 00:17:35

That reminds me of the time when one of ds ' poo made its way down his trouser leg undetected and got put through the wash , when i opened the washing/m door the putrid sour warm poo smell hit my nose...eurgghhh!
I had to re wash the lot a couple of times to get rid of the stink! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now