Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DDH / CDH / Clicky Hip

(5 Posts)
Kate32 Sun 15-May-05 22:33:29

Hi - My 6 1/2mth old daughter has just been diagnised with the above, just wondering if anyone else has experience of this, and the practical problems when her legs are in plaster??? Have had a pretty emotional weekend, but now just want operation done, and problem corrected! Sorry but not really looking for sympathetic comments (had enough of those from friends & family over the past few days - and they just makes me cry again!!!) Thanks

Davros Sun 15-May-05 22:45:59

How horrible for you, understand about how hard it is to get "sympathy" when you just want to shut down. Don't have any experience of this myself but there must be someone..... often quiet on a weekend, prob somone around tomorrow.

pixel Mon 16-May-05 12:56:25

Saw this last night but thought there would be someone on soon with some good practical advice.

Perhaps I can make you feel better by telling you that my sister was born with 'clicky hips' and had a perfectly normal childhood. Actually she was a real tomboy, always riding bikes, rollerskating and riding her complete lunatic of a pony. As her problem was caught early the treatment back then was to wear 2 terry nappies to force her little legs out at an angle. Made for some interesting baby photos but hey it worked, and if that did then your dd's treatment will be even more successful.

Be thankful that it's been caught quite early as my understanding is that it's much harder to deal with once they have reached the trying to walk stage. I know you are upset at the thought of your little one going through all this, but she will be fine and she won't remember any of it.

Not sure that's much help but wanted to bump your post. (trying not to be too sympathetic as per instructions!)

JAKEJEM Mon 16-May-05 20:32:45

Hi Kate, my daughter was diagnosed with DDH at the age of 5 months and was in a splint for a further 5 months. Initially, we were devastated, but with the help of the steps website (specially for CDH/DDH children and parents) we found others to talk to and loads of practical advice. We found that a huge adult size bean bag was ideal for sleeping etc, a hippy-chick hip seat to carry baby round was ideal (she didn't fit into her pushchair) and we bought oversized trousers and skirts and them cut and adapted them around the splint. I wish you and you baby all the luck and support in the world, it will be a tough time, but you will come through it. My daughter has now been out of her splints for a month and she is now crawling and standing, always remember, there is light at the end of the tunnel. My E-mail address is PNWHITESIDE@aol.com please feel free to get in touch, it would be lovely to know how you get on. Regards, Nikki

chatee Tue 17-May-05 08:01:49

just a quick message for you-my dd was also born with this but it was picked up at birth CAT me if you want to know anything specific....
love to you both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now