Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Ds is poorly

(12 Posts)
Phoenix4725 Mon 29-Jun-09 19:05:07

Took ds see out of hours drs as hes really not well stupid Dr kept asking him whats up this even after I explained he cant talk or understand way hes been talking at ,He was like well hes not complaing so jut see how he goes this depeite Ds sat there whimpering so hard to explain to dr about ds sn he just did not get it

mummysaurus Mon 29-Jun-09 19:07:23

Poor your ds. It makes me so angry that a gp of all people couldn't get his sn!

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Mon 29-Jun-09 19:07:28

Is it the heat Phoenix? DS1 was sent home today as he couldnt breathe (he doesnt have asthma), GP just said 'its the heat' and told Dh to take him home. School doesnt send home lightly (though ds1 is on one ATM so I can understand the temptation) and his breathing problems are very nioticeable.

Does it improve if you keep him very coll?

Phoenix4725 Mon 29-Jun-09 19:15:16

no does not seem to be the heat ,hes running fever and is listless .
Got fed up being hot last year brught couple ofAir con units so house is cool but hes just pale hot and just not himselfsad

mummysaurus Mon 29-Jun-09 19:18:32

Sounds like you are worried - will be ok till tomorrow or can you contact nhs direct or the out of hours gp?

Phoenix4725 Mon 29-Jun-09 19:26:12

yeah ds is normally so bouncy and happy so is very noticeable , think might try out of hrs drs but always such hassle explaing no he cant tell me what hurts or where, wish he could

mummysaurus Mon 29-Jun-09 20:29:43

sorry just went off and ate my tea

I've called nhs direct and/or out of hours doc about 6 times since ds 3.6 was born. it's never turned out to be anything serious but i always felt reassured.

docs should be used to diagnosing based on examination and parental feedback as kids can't reliably say what's wrong until they're quite old. Even a nt six or seven year old will struggle (or at least my friend's dc were like this)

I too get frustrated as my ds can speak a bit but can't say what's wrong with him despite having had plenty of practice being ill these last three months. The first hint i get of a stomach bug is when he's thrown up all over his bed(or me)

Phoenix4725 Mon 29-Jun-09 20:52:03

phonedout of hours got to take him up there but they cant see him till 10 and they wont come out angry
hes not quite 4 and know im going to have to explain ds to him hate going through it all .But hes defintley notright

mummysaurus Mon 29-Jun-09 21:16:35

Tricky call isn't it? nobody wants to drag a four year old out of bed at 10pm but if they are suggesting you take him in then they obviously agree with your concerns to some extent.

hope he feels better soon

Phoenix4725 Mon 29-Jun-09 21:30:40

hes not in bed hes asleep on couch which in itself is unsural h just does not sleep

5inthebed Mon 29-Jun-09 21:44:17

angry at the GP for being such an arse. Your poor DS sad.

Have you called the NHS direct?

mummysaurus Tue 30-Jun-09 08:47:12

hope ds is a bit better today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now