Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Please can someone give me a link so I can buy PECS schedule thing :)

(10 Posts)
Blossomhill Sun 15-May-05 19:11:58

I really need to sort out dd's daily timetable that Bibic want us to do. tried to make my own and well, erm it was useless so really want to buy one. have googled and can't find anywhere that sells them. I know I could make one but atm have loads going on so could do with just buying one!
Please help

Davros Sun 15-May-05 19:26:05

Here you are:
PECs
press enter under the pictures on the first page and then find resources on the left

Blossomhill Sun 15-May-05 20:43:49

Oh thanks Davros

Now I have 1 more thing to ask of all you lovely sn mums. As there is so much choice I am confused what is best to get!!!
So what I need is a daily timetable for dd to tell her what is happening and also so we can chat about yesterday, different days etc.
So not sure whether I need hooks or eyes or which communication board to buy. Please help me with my shopping list [frazzled mother icon needed ] Thanks

Jimjams Sun 15-May-05 20:50:00

You need this

Blossomhill Sun 15-May-05 20:55:47

Thanks Jimjams. Now what velcro do I need?

Jimjams Sun 15-May-05 20:58:39

Let me check.....

Jimjams Sun 15-May-05 21:00:43

the schedule has the rough stuff on it. If I was you though I wouldn't buy velcro from pyramid- just buy metres of it from your local habidashery and then you can make up extra boards using laminated card in the future.

Blossomhill Sun 15-May-05 21:14:04

Is it better to buy the circles of velcro. It's just I am not sure which is best to put on the board and best to put on pictures. All very new to me !

Davros Sun 15-May-05 21:42:49

I think the circles would be a lot more expensive than just buying a metre or two from haberdashery. A shop near DS's school (Teaching Trends) sells big A3 weekly schedule posters. They're not expensive. I'd be happy to get one for you and post it or you could try calling them, prob not worth the P&P though. The only thing with weekly, is you need to make sure each day is clear, otherwise it just turns into a big grid. I have heard of people colour coding each day (blimey!), its a good idea. I think each column, i.e. each day, has its own colour indicated somehow and then the background or border on the picture/word has the same colour. Have you got endless time BH? I would get the one day only one from PECs first and at least get started, then I can send you a weekly one or you could use mizmiz's idea and use a calendar.

Jimjams Sun 15-May-05 22:09:53

the3 circles are a PITA- the backs don't come off them very easily and they get stuck to everything. Haberdashery option much better.

Ds1's school colour codes the days....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: