Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DS2's swimming success!

(4 Posts)
sphil Fri 26-Jun-09 22:12:03

DS2 (6) has just started swimming lessons with the school - I think he's done 6 or 7 lessons, which are only about 20 minutes long (dressing and undressing takes about 40 grin). He has always been terrified when we've taken him - has clung to me like a monkey, hands over his ears, hating any water on his face etc.

After a couple of sessions at school he was walking around the pool confidently and today there was a note in his home-school book saying he's completed the first two sub-levels of 'water confidence' - entering the water unaided and picking up a ring from the bottom of the pool in waist high water shock.

His TA is a PE whizz (unlike his mother) - but I still can't believe he actually went under the water!!!!

5inthebed Fri 26-Jun-09 22:15:56

Well done minisphil! Thats fantastic.

MatNanPlus Fri 26-Jun-09 22:19:32

Yeah, well done.

sphil Fri 26-Jun-09 22:31:07

I'm starting to realise that it's one area in which he might be able to keep up with his peers - or some of them at least - which would be so great for him.

Mind you, mustn't get too excited - he hasn't actually taken his feet off the floor yet!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now