Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I hate the rain!

(5 Posts)
5inthebed Fri 26-Jun-09 16:39:45

It turns DS2 in to an absolute nightmare. He totally ignores everything I say to him, he squeals with glee at the rain smacking against his face and running down his hair (but screams blue murder when I try was his hair hmm), he licks every wet surface and he is just not managable at all. I am sick of this crazy weather and what it does to him, and I'm sick of all the looks I get off the other parents aat school. I tried keeping him by me today, and he screamed (it's earsplitting) and the person I was talking to giggled and looked away like she was so embarrassed to be standing by me.

Does anyone elses DC go crazy when it rains?

mum2fred Fri 26-Jun-09 17:11:33

not in the same way, but ds1 will stand at back door (window) mesmerised, saying 'waaaaterrrrr. waaaaterrrrrr' till hte cows come home. But i HATE the rain cos both my boys are like rockets, bouncing off the walls, begging ot get out of our teeny house. No chance to excertise them and burn off energy. Argh. Nightmare.

*dreams of sunnier climates*

5inthebed Fri 26-Jun-09 17:54:17

I don't usually go out when it rains unless I have to, and DS2 usually foes the whole bouncing off the walls thing.

mum2fred Fri 26-Jun-09 18:27:23

oh and on rainy days the sound of hte Play School Dinosaurs dvd going OVER and OVER and OVER....

Marne Fri 26-Jun-09 20:11:48

Dd2 loves the rain, i have to keep hold of her because if she spots a puddle in the road she runs towards it. She loves the feel of the water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now