Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dd1's version of pretend play!

(7 Posts)
silverfrog Thu 25-Jun-09 19:06:39

just got off the phone to dh.

both girls talk to him on the phone (not sure which one comes out with more gibberish, tbh grin)

so, I hang up and turn around to find dd1 holding her precious rag bear to her ear saying "talk to Martin (her uncle)".

she then had a conversation (well, told him what she had for lunch!) and held her bear to dd2's ear and told her "dd2, talk to Martin"

after a few repetitions of this, i asked dd1 what she was doing, and she said "helping dd2 talk to Martin on the telephone"

am just shock shock, really.

dd2 has come up to me with all kinds of bits and pieces for me to talk into, but it's the first time dd1 has done it unprompted (well, other than a real phone conversation to prompt her) and she changed who she was talking to in her game grin

Frasersmum123 Thu 25-Jun-09 19:16:26

Fantastic - Proud Mummy moment

lingle Thu 25-Jun-09 19:42:48

that's really good stuff Silver.

sphil Thu 25-Jun-09 20:47:32

Wow - my befuddled brain can't remember what it's called, but I know that kind of pretend play, where you pretend an object is something completely different, is a more advanced kind!

lingle Fri 26-Jun-09 08:45:10

substitution?

but yes I remember that too it is definitely a milestone.....

bubblagirl Fri 26-Jun-09 08:51:59

oh my goodness this could have been me yesterday ds was talking to his uncle martin on his phone saying he was fine and goodbye then told me uncle martin was on a blue boat

well done dd how strange thought it was my own post then lol ds has started being not so literal about things and i hadn't even mentioned martin so just thought that up too

def a good thing to pretend the bear is a phone well done indeed grin

bubblagirl Fri 26-Jun-09 08:52:55

pretending to talk to his uncle martin wasnt on real phone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now