Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

bl**dy mobility!!

(5 Posts)
misdee Sat 14-May-05 07:54:28

we returned a car last month, with milage of less than 5000 for 10months use. they have just sent a bill through for excess milage, stating the reading was over 17000!!! WTF!!!

looks like a phone call is in order. how can we prove the milage?

Chocol8 Sat 14-May-05 08:54:31

Oh blimey Misdee - is there any way you can gain access to the car without them seeing you? Was thinking you could take a picture thru the window of the milage? (May be I have been watching too many detective stories).

Hopefully they have just mixed you up with another car and it is a genuine mistake...I hope.

hub2dee Sat 14-May-05 09:20:24

MOT certs ? Petrol receipts ?

Am sure just by telling them they will see c*ck up. Either they've recorded incorrect dispatch mileage or incorrect return mileage. Sure you could explain about time dh in hossie you couldn't have been gallavanting around the countryside...

misdee Sat 14-May-05 11:39:37

car is only 10months old, so no mot cert. peter was with the guy wehen he phoned through the mileage fore the old car and he said it was 4700 i think. apparently we have excess milage of around that amount. the only thing i can think of is that they put the actual mileage through as excess.

no idea where the car is atm. and the mileage doesnt show till you switch the engine on.

misdee Mon 23-May-05 23:37:57

yeees!!

dh phoned them today, they managed to tarck the car down at tha garage, and gotmthre real reading of 4773

i knew we were right

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now