Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

trying to remember a book title

(12 Posts)
jetcat32 Mon 22-Jun-09 21:01:55

Hi

after many years of searching, i have thought that maybe here, due to posters' experience with ASD, someone may be able to help.

Many years ago, when i was 11 or 12, i read a fantastic book about a little girl with autism. It was a massive thick book (which impressed my teacher no end!!!) and the little girl was called Ellie or Eleanor?? She was only about 4 or 5. I dont know the author, and as i was removed from my home shortly after that with no contact since then (over 20 years now) i have no one else to ask!

Please please someone know which book i am talking about!

Yurtgirl Mon 22-Jun-09 21:03:11

Sounds interesting, but I have no idea sorry

cyberseraphim Mon 22-Jun-09 21:34:34

The girl in 'The Siege' and 'Exiting Nirvana' by Clara Clairbone Park (??) was called Ellie in the first book though her real name is Jessy. Probably not the same one.

cyberseraphim Mon 22-Jun-09 21:40:01

Or it might be - it's certainly a fantastic book anyway

cyberseraphim Mon 22-Jun-09 21:41:03

Clara Claiborne Park - wrong spelling in first attempt

jennybensmummy Mon 22-Jun-09 21:42:36

sorry i hae no idea either but maybe its on here and you will recognise the title??

http://www.allbookstores.com/Familyand_Relationships/Children_With_SpecialNeeds/Autisti cChildrenp1.html

jennybensmummy Mon 22-Jun-09 21:43:28

www.allbookstores.com/Family_and_Relationships/Children_With_Special_Needs/Autistic_Children_p1.html

sorry work now i hope!

cyberseraphim Mon 22-Jun-09 21:47:25

www.amazon.co.uk/Siege-Clara-Claiborne-Park/dp/0316690694

was first published in 1968

jetcat32 Tue 23-Jun-09 09:32:32

thanks guys. Cyber - that looks like the cover of the book from what i can remember - it was a silver grey colour with the little girls face on the cover. But, i am sure she was called Ellie or Eleanor, as a couple of years after reading it i knew a little girl in foster care who was around the same age - she was called Eleanor, and i always wondered if it was the same one. Probably not blush but i was only 12 lol!

Jenny - am having a look through the list - many thanks.

cyberseraphim Tue 23-Jun-09 11:11:56

Hi Jet

The girl was called Ellie throughout the first book as her mother thought at that time that she might read it later on. It was only many years later when the second book was published that her real name was given.

jetcat32 Tue 23-Jun-09 14:22:44

ahhhhhh, thanks Cyber!!! smile smile

I cant believe i (well, you grin have finally tracked it down. Will order it now!

jetcat32 Tue 23-Jun-09 14:23:15

oh, and doh, i see you said that already! Sorry blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now