Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Party invites - what to put, if anything?

(10 Posts)
5inthebed Mon 22-Jun-09 10:36:52

I have takn a big step and booked a birthday party for DS2 at the local soft play. it is tiny, and we will have full use of the room, so no other unknown kids will be there iykwim.

I am going to invite all 5 kids from DS2's SN school (all DC have ASD) an some of his friends from MS school as well.

Now, in the invites to the DC with SN, I would like to ask if there is a dietry requirement so I can put on food for them, plus I'd like to add that they can bring sibs with them if this will help them play. Do you think I should put anything, or do you think I should just leave it?

I was also thinking of putting the start time 15 mins later for the kids from MS school so all those with ASD can get used to the soft play before the others arrive. DO you think this is too silly?

misscutandstick Mon 22-Jun-09 10:47:52

I think all those ideas are fantastic!

very well thought out, good on you for your active parenting smile. Id wish you good luck, but im sure you wont need it with all the planning and thought that you've put in. Im sure that your DS2 will have the best time ever smile

5inthebed Mon 22-Jun-09 11:06:25

You don't think its bit arsey then? It isn't til August, but I like to plan well ahead.

sphil Mon 22-Jun-09 11:11:10

Not at all arsey! If DS2 was invited to a party like this, with as much thought put into his needs, I'd be delighted smile. The 15 minutes earlier arrival time is an excellent idea. I think it's a good idea to plan well in advance for August too - can be difficult with school hols and all. Good luck!

coppertop Mon 22-Jun-09 11:13:52

I really like those ideas and I'll bet the parents of the children you've invited will like them too.

jennybensmummy Mon 22-Jun-09 11:15:07

those sound like great ideas, well done!

5inthebed Mon 22-Jun-09 11:36:12

Phew, thanks. I was beginning to think I was maybe overplanning things.

If any of you live near Newcastle, feel free to bring your DC as well grin

Phoenix4725 Mon 22-Jun-09 12:25:50

fantastic idea ,if dseve gets invites wuld love it if somenes put a smuch thought into it like you have

troutpout Mon 22-Jun-09 12:47:43

Fab ideas 5inthebed

UniS Mon 22-Jun-09 21:50:04

maybe mention teh diet thing on all teh invites? kids at MS school can have food issues too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now