Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

autism and understanding distant friends/family etc how to tell family????

(4 Posts)
jennybensmummy Sun 21-Jun-09 20:53:50

well my dad knows ben is autistic so maybe i worded title wrong but i dont know how to put it. how do i tell him that i dont want him to be called grandad??? hard to explain again but i have posted on aibu the full story, if anyone has a min can you give me any ideas i dont know how to explain this to my useless dad!!! http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/ami_beingunreasonable/777385-to-tell-my-dad-that-to-my-son-he-isnt

thanks xx

TotalChaos Mon 22-Jun-09 16:57:36

well you could always try and say that it would confuse ben too much to call anyone else grandad, so would prefer something else -eg. his first name? but if he insists on being called grandad, then I think you'll just have to give in gracefully, as that's what he is in fact evil if you feel he is not in deed iyswim?

bubblagirl Mon 22-Jun-09 17:18:43

cant get up other thread for some reason but my ds with ASD has 4 grandparents great nan and my dp parents divorced and his mum of course is nanna and her dp is grandad x again for his dad his partner is nanny x

and then he has my parents and he copes very well with this

as i say cant seem to get other thread so don't know real reason but my ds does cope with the granddad and name and granddads are just granddads same for the nannies

TotalChaos Mon 22-Jun-09 18:08:27

oops that was a really bad typo, I meant even instead of evil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now