Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

global development

(12 Posts)
cazcountry Sat 20-Jun-09 18:17:08

hi ive just joined the site.. please help my boy is nearly 5, has gdd, i dont seem to find any other mums with the same problem with their child.. anyone out there.. thanks

Phoenix4725 Sat 20-Jun-09 19:19:37

hi
and welcome there several of us on here with dc with dx of GDD.

I have a ds whos almost 4 and has GDD functions aroud 18 moths - 2 years in most areas .He also has dx of verbal dyspraxia/apraxia and is non verbal .Also has dx of hypertonio and hypmoblity he seems collect new label each month lol.

Hes a pretty happy chap most the time and bit of a pickle

cazcountry Sat 20-Jun-09 19:44:37

oh hi thanks for that..
i feel im so alone its so hard.
son due to start maintream school but they did want him to go special needs school..
long road ahead..

Phoenix4725 Sun 21-Jun-09 08:42:24

yep does your son have a statement and are you getting DLa for him?.i am hoping to get my soninto sn school since for me it will make life simpler as they have all their own therpists on site rather than them coming into ms school

Phoenix4725 Sun 21-Jun-09 08:42:25

yep does your son have a statement and are you getting DLa for him?.i am hoping to get my soninto sn school since for me it will make life simpler as they have all their own therpists on site rather than them coming into ms school

misscutandstick Sun 21-Jun-09 09:50:32

hi there!

DS5 (3.1y) has GDD too (and, like phoenix, other labels too) and functions around 12-18mths. He has unDX'd Autism (the Paed doesnt like labels), is non-verbal too, but is doing well with Makaton. Hes a gorgeous little chap with a beautiful sunny nature, and a mischeivous sense of humour.

Welcome to the board, the ladies (and gents!) are brill, loads of experience, answers, shoulders to cry on, and sounding boards too! If you need to vent, or post a PMM (proud mummy moment) we'd all love to hear!

cazcountry Sun 21-Jun-09 20:54:59

hi phoenix misscutandstick

so nice to hear from other mums who understand.. my mates are brill BUT they do say they cant fully know how i feel..
ben got a statement of 29.5 hrs a week starts september, but the school we want, which is mainstream, says they cant cater for ben.. so its now a waiting game..

vjg13 Sun 21-Jun-09 21:13:19

Hi Caz,

my daughter has GDD and is 11 now. Have you looked at other schools, either mainstream or special schools to see where your son may fit best?

cazcountry Sun 21-Jun-09 21:18:28

hi,

ben is starting mainstream in september has 29.5 hours a week one to one, so hope it helps..
its so hard everyday i pray he improves..

Phoenix4725 Mon 22-Jun-09 04:24:05

have you applied for dla?

cazcountry Mon 22-Jun-09 11:14:16

hi phoenix,

ive only just applied for dla. so fingers x.
yes 29.5 statement great, i live in kingsbury london, which is near wembley stadium..
of to pick ben up now from nursery all go..

Phoenix4725 Mon 22-Jun-09 11:29:34

fingers crossed for you,we got it when ds was 2.5 orinally got middle rae but appealed and go high .We then got moblity high rate from 3 due to the hypertoni and the hypermoblity on top of the GDD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now