Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Riding for the Disabled

(16 Posts)
sarah293 Fri 19-Jun-09 17:02:32

Message withdrawn

2shoes Fri 19-Jun-09 17:37:35

but she can have time off school surely.
dd used to love riding, she can't do it now due to some reason(riding at school) so grab it while you can

sarah293 Fri 19-Jun-09 17:46:37

Message withdrawn

TotalChaos Fri 19-Jun-09 17:52:07

fingers crossed the school is nice about it. or you could always try getting riding into her statement grin

daisysue2 Fri 19-Jun-09 18:44:29

My daughters friend has time off for riding for the disabled. They are happy to do this because it is official. She is in year 4.

bullet123 Fri 19-Jun-09 18:47:28

I would hope the school would realise it would be good for your dd to do it. Ds1 did some riding with the RDA last term with his school and he loved it.

2shoes Fri 19-Jun-09 18:53:49

imo it will be more important for her that silly sats

vjg13 Fri 19-Jun-09 19:01:45

My daughter used to finish school early to go to her swimming lesson and the school had no problem with it. It was a specialized lesson that I considered vital for her anyway and wouldn't have taken no for an answer!
The RDA stables where my daughter goes do some late afternoon mid week sessions so your daughter may be able to access those near you.

busybeingmum Fri 19-Jun-09 19:39:26

Message withdrawn

anonandlikeit Fri 19-Jun-09 19:52:43

It is normal for children with sn to eb allowed time out of lessons for riding. In fact physios, OT's etc encourage it.

FairLadyRantALot Fri 19-Jun-09 20:00:07

riven, briiliant that she can do riding for the disabled...it will be so beneficial for her, on so many levels....
hope you can get school to give her time off for it....considering that it will be an educational thing for her, of sorts....

r3dh3d Fri 19-Jun-09 20:04:20

DD1 gets out half an hour early for RDA. School are fine with it, but Transport doesn't cover it, obv - I have to pick her up at 2:30 to get her to RDA for 3. The sessions before her tend to be ones organised via the school, ie one of the classes from the local MLD school all come together for an hour. They may do some after-school sessions too, ie we started off in the 3:30 slot and there were people coming after us at 4:00. Depends on the local setup. So maybe she won't need to miss school after all. worth giving them a ring.

Though - don't want to be Voice Of Doom, but DD1 was on the waiting list for over two years. I think the fact that it takes at least 3 people (leader and 2 sidewalkers) had something to do with that as other people seemed to be leapfrogging her in the queue.

Sidge Fri 19-Jun-09 20:12:54

It's therapeutic, so school shouldn't cause a a problem about it. Get the physio to confirm that it's part of her physio programme and they can't stop her going!

nymphadora Fri 19-Jun-09 20:18:03

I know of a few MS schools that use RDA in school time

saintlydamemrsturnip Fri 19-Jun-09 22:05:45

ds1 goes with school. I would imagine it would be seen as educational.

sarah293 Sat 20-Jun-09 08:18:28

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now