Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Portage Assessment results.

(5 Posts)
Frasersmum123 Thu 18-Jun-09 11:03:15

Got our Portage assessment results today and TBH am feeling a little down again

His support worker has assessed him as having a 12 month delay, however this does mean that we will get her visiting once a week rather than once a fortnight, so thats the silver lining.

misscutandstick Thu 18-Jun-09 11:24:23

how old is frasure?

sorry you're feeling down sad

Frasersmum123 Thu 18-Jun-09 12:06:04

He is 2.4 - so I know he has lots of time to catch up to where he should be, so I should be positive, especially as we are getting so much help when other people struggle to get any input or DX - its just the same old things of seeing it all written down and having someone else saying it iykwim

mumgoingcrazy Thu 18-Jun-09 12:59:34

It's horrible seeing it all in black and white, but our Portage worker always warns me she focuses on the negative rather than positive in her assessments as this means we will get the help we need, and it also got us a place in the local SN school. What she says verbally to me is a different matter.

misscutandstick Thu 18-Jun-09 13:41:56

DS5 is 3.1y and has a delay of 18mths, so i understand how upsetting it is. I think the worst bits are the 'slap in the face' moments - assessments being part of that, so sympathies with you.

I was lucky thinking that ive never seen any assessments done by portage (who is brill, shes lovely and fantastic with DS5) until it occurred to me that i wonder if any have been done? maybe i should corner her on that one...sorry i digress.

good news on more input tho smile surely that can only help! we still only get fortnightly, and i know how much help and how very useful its been for DS5, so fingers crossed weekly visits will be a huge turning point for Fraser. smile good luck! has he been offered early slots at nursery? i know some counties do it and some say its done wonders.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now