Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

oh dear, I have just said dd can have an op!!!

(6 Posts)
2shoes Wed 17-Jun-09 16:44:56

dd has cp and dribbles a lot.
she is 14 and we have tried a lot of stuff, botox was suggested but then I was told the sucess rate is low, I don't want her to take more meds, and she can't wear a brace like thingy.....
so she is going to have an op to remove one saliva gland and re direct another.
I know she will hate this........but please tell me she will be glad when she is older.

monstermansmum Wed 17-Jun-09 16:51:30

I know families who have had this done with varying success rates-all said they dont regret doing it though. Better than patches or constant dribble in my book any day! Luckily ds isnt too bad, at the moment anyway. He has bad days/good days. I have definitely thought about it for the future though.

SJisontheway Wed 17-Jun-09 17:37:17

I also know a fammily who had this for there little boy. It was a great success and they never looked back. Best of luck. We may also consider this in the future for DD when she is older.

sarah293 Wed 17-Jun-09 17:45:40

Message withdrawn

2shoes Wed 17-Jun-09 17:52:14

I have promised her that it will be in term time, so she misses some school(and I have the support) and that she will get a present lol

BriocheDoree Wed 17-Jun-09 21:36:16

Poor DD - but like you say, she'll probably be glad of it when she's older.
{{hugs}} for you for having to make the decision!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now