Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

exactly 2 months til our initial OT appointment,,,!

(4 Posts)
Alambil Wed 17-Jun-09 11:06:14

that's a long time away, isn't it!

poor DS is going to get no support this year at school then, but hopefully we'll enter Year 2 from the get-go with help and stuff to help DS

Phoenix4725 Wed 17-Jun-09 11:21:35

here waiting lists are 9 -12 months minimum but not good that shes getting no help doe sshe get any 1-1or roup work

magso Wed 17-Jun-09 11:37:28

2 months sounds not too bad - but I guess that you have already waited quite a while for the referral and then the letter, so it must be disappointing!
From your previous post I think (forgive me if wrong!) you had concerns about dyspraxia/ DCD. Hopefully ds will get help over the summer ready for next term. My ds was assessed at rising 7 (waited more than a year) and the ideas to do at home were really helpful - so perhaps getting started in the holidays will be a bonus - even if a difficult wait.

Alambil Wed 17-Jun-09 22:54:02

Yes, we need help with DCD (same as dyspraxia as far as I can see)

there's only 4 weeks left of term, so I just hope his teacher lays off him seeing as there are issues and it's been proven

I just hope he gets support for next year - he's getting some very small support atm (a little group of kids doing fine-motor stuff once a week) but nothing enough to help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now