Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

what procedure after filling sensory form

(11 Posts)
mumsobusy Tue 16-Jun-09 14:29:51

I have posted here before saying that I suspected my ds to have aspergers but psyatrist came said no he did not have aspergers i then filled a sensory form for my ds3.10 about 3 months ago didn't hear anything from so i left a msg for the OT to get in touch before going on holiday for I will be away for 2 months. OT got in touch asking me why I wanted to see her. was I wrong in getting in touch felt really awkward saying there was no outcome since I filled the form. she spoke to me as if o is that all whats the normal procedure after filling the form dont I deserve at least an explaination stating these are normal or not behaviour made me feel i was wasting their time.

mumsobusy Tue 16-Jun-09 17:27:37

is there any procedure or advice that can be given after filling a sensory form

FioFio Tue 16-Jun-09 17:29:48

Message withdrawn

mumsobusy Tue 16-Jun-09 17:35:37

do you agree that they should of got back to me about what I wrote in the form whether I was right or wrong to be concerned

mumsobusy Tue 16-Jun-09 17:38:56

my concerns are :
starting to have temper tantrum(maybe because hes toddler i dont know), has big problem in eating will not try different food keeps to same which must only consist of 5 different things,
hates costume dressing and people dressing up (e.g. christmas teachers got dressed up as elves and ds was very upset)Does not like crowds or noises covers ears, does not like face painting or geting hands dirty. does not like walking wihout socks.
Hates routine changes (e.g. if we go to granddad house only granddad can open door or aunties only auntie opens the door if someone else opens the door he gets very distressed so we have to retrace steps and grandad (or whoevers house it is) will open door then he will calm down this happens everywhere we go.
Has friends but gets very upset when friends make nasty remarks thats how he thinks to me their only kids (e.g. not friend dont sit with me he will repeat this to me so many times and show he was very upset about remark)
That is another thing he will repeat and repeat same thing over over again watch the same thing over and over again, He will only wear Jeans

FioFio Tue 16-Jun-09 17:41:56

Message withdrawn

mumsobusy Tue 16-Jun-09 17:46:04

yes well my ds has cp and is already under OT and OT wrote me a letter telling me she would get in touch in May, I filled the form in April so I presumed she would get in touch but when I spoke with them today I got a very negative vibe

FioFio Tue 16-Jun-09 17:49:37

Message withdrawn

mumgoingcrazy Tue 16-Jun-09 20:17:49

mumsobusy, your OT is awful. We filled out our sensory form, within a week we had an appropriate sensory diet set up and another week later started it. 3 months is disgusting, that's 3 months of re-regulating his sensory system you've missed and early intervention is key. I would keep on at them I'm afraid. xx

mumsobusy Tue 16-Jun-09 21:50:15

thank you for your kind msg I was starting to think I was exagerating and making a big deal 3 months have past and I have been trying new methods from things i have read from here and I have now helped him over come his fears walking in barefeet I have learned that when he has a big tantrum to leave him be and he will come round when he is ready but before then I was trying to comfort him hugging him which was making it worse. I have started to give him options which has also worked BUT this all happened with my doing OT phoning to say whats wrong I felt really stupid saying well I filled the form and want to know the outcome he now has changed got rid of some and has new issues they said to me OH IS IT THAT WHY WE THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING IMPORTANT excuse me but my child is important to me its been bothering me and heres me thinking it normal waiting this long its a good thing I got speaking to the phsio and she urged me to get in touch with OT

mumgoingcrazy Wed 17-Jun-09 19:23:41

That's fantastic that you've managed to iron out some issues without your OT's help. Is there any chance you could change your OT? Everything about her sounds horrible and unprofessional.

I don't want to make you feel worse, but we see our OT weekly and I have her number so I can call anytime (emergencies only on her days off) for advise etc. This is what you should be having, not being fobbed off and made to feel unimportant sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now