Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

meeting after proposed statement

(4 Posts)
staryeyed Tue 16-Jun-09 13:44:03

I have made my amendments to the statement, sent it in and requested a meeting. I was told that the changes will go to panel as well as our preferred school and then when the minutes are drawn up I can meet with my case worker the following week. I was told by IPSEA to make sure I meet with someone who has authority to make changes in the statement. However the case worker is saying that the major changes will be decided by panel and she has authority to make small changes when I meet with her afterwards. IPSEA said it would be better to make changes in a meeting as I would be a person rather than a piece of paper but I wont be in the major changes meeting. Have they fobbed me off or do some LEAs work this way?

I hope that makes sense.

bubblagirl Tue 16-Jun-09 13:47:19

i have no idea mine at moment is being done without meetings but i would have thought any changes needing to be made would need you there to fight your corner iykwim

bubblagirl Tue 16-Jun-09 13:48:04

good luck m tell them you want to be present to have a say in the changes

Phoenix4725 Tue 16-Jun-09 14:56:04

hi we have just had a meeting after propsed statement was sent out and rejected by me.Thye man i met head of lea for my area can make changes here the panel sitsand decides school places only am waiting to here back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now