Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The people on the bus stand up....

(14 Posts)
eidsvold Wed 11-May-05 14:34:07

one of dd1's absolute fav songs is wheels on the bus and they make sure we sing it every week at playgroup - she just dances and claps and stomps her feet with delight when it comes on...

today we got to the verse about the people stand up sit down etc and she stood up in the middle of the circle and walked by herself to me and dd2 who were sitting over the other side.... I almost cried and she lunged at us and hugged me and kissed dd2 then clapped very pleased with herself.

Our playgroup has seen so many breakthroughs with the kids lately - one little boy (on teh autism spectrum - i think) who would not touch anything - has real sensory issues - we did some finger/sponge painting... he did not really do any but on his way past the craft table he lent over, dipped his finger in the paint and dabbed it on his chin..... another little boy (ASD i think from memory) who has speech and language issues did sounds for the animals that were on the stencils we were using - his mum was so stunned.

Fio2 Wed 11-May-05 14:35:54

awwwwwwww eidsvold

Davros Wed 11-May-05 14:36:32

How lovely eidsvold. Sounds like an excellent playgroup. At DD's playgroup they sing a verse in the Wheels on the Bus which is "the daddies on the bus go moan, moan, moan". I'm surprised they get away with it as its soooo un-PC! There is always at least one dad there too.

Fio2 Wed 11-May-05 14:41:04

oh yes davros but the mummies 'chatter chatter chatter'

funny, my dd has s=tarteddoing the baby thing, the baby on the bus goes mwah mwah mwah, except she points at ds and and does the mwah mwah mwah just to wind him up I shouldnt laugh really, but its funny as she is so lacking in speech but still knows how to wind her verbal brother up!

eidsvold Wed 11-May-05 14:44:07

fio our mummies go yakkity yakkity yak!!! at play group the babiesa areafast asleep.. at home - it is wah wah wah just like dd2 is now

Davros Wed 11-May-05 15:06:45

Yes, we have mummies going chatter, chatter, chatter. But I can understand that, its true!

coppertop Wed 11-May-05 15:23:56

"The daddies on the bus go moan,moan,moan" - has someone been spying on my dh?

On second thoughts "The daddies on the bus go rant, rant, rant" would probably be more appropriate for my dh.

I love the sound of your playgroup, eidsvold.

Davros Wed 11-May-05 15:25:31

Just thought, when was DH last on a bus, moaning or not?????

Fio2 Wed 11-May-05 15:30:17

mine moans if I suggest catching one....maybe thats what it is

well men do mona dont they, anyway

Thomcat Wed 11-May-05 21:24:34

Bless her, that's brilliant.

Socci Wed 11-May-05 21:29:33

Message withdrawn

eidsvold Wed 11-May-05 23:50:39

IT is a great playgroup - attached to a special education unit - it is run for children up to 3 yo when they then attend the kindergarten programme - kind of like the UK nursery I guess. The parents attend the playgroup too but when they are three - it is a drop and go. We have a special ed teacher and classroom assistant who run the programme - inside play, outside play, snack time, craft time and dd's personal favourite - music time. Two hours once a week. Provided by the education department.

Merlot Thu 12-May-05 09:19:08

Aww, that's great about your dd - Eidsvold (a very proud moment )

about the Daddy's moaning line Davros - even if it is true . Not good positive reinforcement!!

eidsvold Mon 06-Jun-05 04:12:34

have been trying to compile a journal of all dd1's doings and I have been scouring through mumsnet to find my silly threads....

have now taught her about the dayy's on the bus moaning and she does a good 'moan moan moan' - complete with screwed up face and moany voice!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now