Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Charity (shop) to take my coppers?

(4 Posts)
Davros Wed 10-Jun-09 19:31:41

It really is credit crunch as I have just emptied out the 3 pots of change we have around the house. But even I can't be arsed to count out the copper and I have made enough out of the 5ps and 10ps anyway. So does anyone know where I can take uncounted copper coins? Do charity shops take them or would they look down their noses? I could donate to the school summer fair as a "game" but it would need to be counted.....

silverfrog Wed 10-Jun-09 20:05:46

in my local sainsbury's there is a change machine - you empty coins in by the bucketload, and it counts, sorts, and issues a credit note.

iirc, you can then use the note as money off shopping, or take it to customer services to get "real" money.

otherwise, not sure where would take it, as banks can get snooty about taking too much coin at any one time, and so charity shops might not want it.

wotulookinat Wed 10-Jun-09 20:15:22

Yes, I have used the change machine in my Sainsbury's. The machine counts it all and takes a small percentage and you get a credit note. Treat yourself with it!

Davros Wed 10-Jun-09 20:52:31

Ooh lovely, Sainsburys for me then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now