Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

We're off to bibic - thank you! (btw anywhere to stay nearby known?)

(50 Posts)
essbee Tue 10-May-05 14:02:50

Message withdrawn

coppertop Tue 10-May-05 14:16:55

No experience of BIBIC but just wanted to wish you the best of luck with the visit.

essbee Tue 10-May-05 14:35:18

Message withdrawn

fairydust Tue 10-May-05 14:38:15

don't mean to sound rude -what what is bibic?

LIZS Tue 10-May-05 14:39:19

No experience but sounds great and very best of luck !

btw very nice to "see" you back here.

heartinthecountry Tue 10-May-05 15:08:10

fairydust - bibic is the British Institute for Brain Injured Children - basically an assessment centre that works with your child and gives you a home therapy program including sensory and nutritional stuff that can help

heartinthecountry Tue 10-May-05 15:08:38

essbee - when are you there? we are going mid June.

popsycal Tue 10-May-05 15:10:18

essbee thinking of you - i remember chatting to you about odd a long time ago....glad you have dx and hopefully the start of getting the help that ds (and you) need
xxx

essbee Tue 10-May-05 15:35:16

Message withdrawn

maddiemo Tue 10-May-05 17:05:18

essbee, we stayed at Blackmore Farm which is about 5-10 mins from BIBIC by car. I can't do links but if you type into search engine it will bring up the website. We self catered there and were very pleased. Owners were lovely and helpful and had had BIBIC families before.

Hope trip goes well for you all.

essbee Tue 10-May-05 17:25:34

Message withdrawn

Jayzmummy Tue 10-May-05 17:59:04

essbee....I am there next week!!!!!!!What a bummer we could have met up!!!

If you contact BIBIC they have a bungalow there that you can book for the duration of your stay....its £25 per family per night.....so if your there for the three nights its £75 which includes breakfast and lunch.....there are local pubs nearby which have an excellent indoor play facility and the food isnt to bad.

popsycal Tue 10-May-05 18:02:01

essbee.....yes i have actuakky...did a psychology degree lol

i am so pleased that he has his dx though,,,catch me on msn

essbee Tue 10-May-05 19:14:43

Message withdrawn

maddiemo Tue 10-May-05 19:20:30

Yes, thats the place. We stayed in the self catering barn conversion[not theB&B] for six nights and I think it cost around £600 for eight of us in July. You could give them a ring and see what they can offer you.

If not, as jaysmum says try booking the BIBIC bungalow.

Good luck

essbee Tue 10-May-05 19:21:42

Message withdrawn

Merlot Tue 10-May-05 20:13:27

Hi Esbee

Have just come back from BIBIC (well 2 weeks ago now) and found it very positive there is a link here about our experience. We stayed in the Bungalow (it is £50 per night for exclusive hire or £25 per night per family if you are prepared to share with another family)and found it very clean and adequate (but basic) - there are plans in the pipeline to build a new residential facility.

Have a great time essbee, I'm sure you will find it worthwhile

Merlot Tue 10-May-05 20:14:37

Also an afterthought...

We only stayed for 2 nights - the night before and the thursday night, because you finish about 3pm on the Friday, so we travelled back then. Have you got far to go Esbee?

essbee Tue 10-May-05 22:37:00

Message withdrawn

Janh Tue 10-May-05 22:49:32

Leaving before dawn is how you usually travel though, isn't it, essbee! And I bet he and DD would both sleep on the journey down.

OTOH if you can get the bungalow for Tues/Wed/Thu it's not a huge amount of money and a lot less hassle.

I've read Merlot's report, it sounds like an incredible place, going there should make a huge difference for you.

essbee Wed 11-May-05 00:19:16

Message withdrawn

Davros Wed 11-May-05 08:50:17

How exciting Essbee, I was wondering if you decided to go for it or not. I'm going to feel left out soon !!!!

essbee Wed 11-May-05 09:02:30

Message withdrawn

Merlot Wed 11-May-05 09:20:02

Hi Essbee - its really exciting isn't it?

It made me go all warm and fluffy thinking about your little boy creeping into your bed with his arms round your neck

I'm being a bit of dimwit here - we didnt stay two days, it was three! Tuesday night through to Thursday night.

My dh was keen to travel early am Wednesday (we live near Guildford), but I thought that as ds2 doesnt really sleep in the car he might be really wiped out for the assessment and of course it would negate the point of going in the first place!

Have fun!

Merlot Wed 11-May-05 09:25:41

another afterthought.....(whoops,I'm going to get a reputation for being forgetful!!)

Are you on you going on your own with your ds?

The receptionist did tell me that they dont recommend the bungalow for lone parents because some feel it is too remote - it is tucked at the back of the main house (which of course is in acres of its own land and hidden behind a long sweeping driveway) and there is no-one else around at night....unless of course another family decides to share!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: