Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Took ds2 to a wonderful playgroup

(4 Posts)
meea Tue 10-May-05 10:39:57

WOW WOW WOW They were interested in my son took away his profile and goals so they can work out activities to help achieve his targets .Are happy to give us verbal and writen feedback.
They want to help him with his dislike of anything messy ,my son actuallly did a painting got a bit upset when he got paint on his hand but was fine after he washed it off.
They feel that ds2 should be visited by his early years inclusion worker and they didn't think he was allowed to make a decision about him with out having met him.
The whole thing was so positive,this is a small local playgroup without many resources but it is miles ahead of his private daycare nursery with their beautiful setting, ballpool and high staff to child ratio's .
I can see this place being exactly what he needs yes he is loved and well cared for at his nursery but his needs aren't met or understood.

Gwenick Tue 10-May-05 10:44:28

don't know anything about you or DS - but it sounds fabulous........just goes to show money and facilities aren't everything - sometimes it's just the people that make the most difference

KarenThirl Tue 10-May-05 13:26:08

That's excellent meea, sounds as though you and ds have really landed on your feet with this place. How long before he gets to see the inclusion worker?

meea Tue 10-May-05 13:32:22

Not sure he may still refuse to see him but I am now aware that he isn't allowed to make a decision about him without having met him.
I've got my fighting head on today so everyone had better watch out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now