Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Cant find any playschemes that will take dd

(10 Posts)
sarah293 Mon 08-Jun-09 15:28:29

Message withdrawn

lourobert Mon 08-Jun-09 15:47:51

Well you would have blooming well hoped so wouldnt you!!! shouldnt they cant refuse her, they should just get in the additional support so she can attend!!

Is your dd's school running anything?

Provision is just so different depending on where you live isnt it.

sarah293 Mon 08-Jun-09 16:02:15

Message withdrawn

marmoset Mon 08-Jun-09 16:07:05

That's shocking - hope you get a place

Widemouthfrog Mon 08-Jun-09 16:08:13

I was just going to suggest Playlink - we have met the lady in South Gloucetsreshire. Unfortunately for us she could provide a buddy but not matched with a playscheme that I could get to! The ones in our area already have 6 children attending with buddies shock.

Hope you fare better.

MatNanPlus Mon 08-Jun-09 16:11:27

Riven, have you considered writing to the useless bint SW's line manager?

sarah293 Mon 08-Jun-09 16:14:29

Message withdrawn

MatNanPlus Mon 08-Jun-09 19:06:51

Go Riven

donkeyderby Mon 08-Jun-09 22:46:54

Some of my friends wait for their social workers to send them application forms for playschemes etc. Big mistake! The social worker's job seems to be two-fold: 1. Prevent client from getting a service by neglecting to tell them about said service, and 2. If client is annoying enough to identify a service that would be helpful to them, firstly, deny it's existence and, if that does not work, forget to send off the application form.

Our LA playschemes are not accessible either which is really shit. However, there is an Inclusion Grant you can access, presumably to help with one-to-one's etc. Maybe your LA has that?

sarah293 Tue 09-Jun-09 08:04:44

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now