Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ASD and Adverts

(7 Posts)
mumslife Sun 07-Jun-09 20:51:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Barmymummy Sun 07-Jun-09 20:58:31

Hehe my little man (4) was obsessed with them for quite a while. I would get all the cleaning adverts thrown at me randomly grin

Was swapping tales of shopping up the cleaning aisle at Sainsburys the other day with another MN poster, was quite reassuring to think my DS wasn't alone grin

mysonben Sun 07-Jun-09 21:23:33

My ds 'speech isn't advanced enough yet for him to recite the adverts but...i have noticed how he runs to the tv when certain adverts come on!!! So i'm half expecting him to eventually move on to the next phase soon or later wink

Goblinchild Sun 07-Jun-09 21:40:11

It's the believing of them that can be tricky.
There was one on the other day, 'Come to XXX where the sun shines all the time'
So he went upstairs for a while, then came down with his atlas, pointing out that he couldn't work out any place on the Earth's surface that didn't rotate and therefore had permanent sunshine.
He finds metaphors bewildering too.

ABitStretched Sun 07-Jun-09 22:32:05

Can i join this clud.b ds1 is 4 and if I hear one more time 'is that the diamond standard' (finish dishwasher tablets) I'm going to shove my head through the tv screen!!

mumslife Tue 09-Jun-09 12:56:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SammyK Tue 09-Jun-09 20:54:29

My DS loves ads and corporate slogans. Mixed with a superb (selective) memory and echolia and can get weird irritating expensive amusing. grin

We once went to a recruitment day and Comet had a stand. They all loved DS and he came away the happiest child ever with magents and pens with Coment written on them.

He is always telling me which brand to buy like 'ariel excel gel', and often wants to 'do' the advert scripts with me. hmm grin

mumslife like you I'm glad I'm not alone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now