Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Found a great park today

(8 Posts)
Flamesparrow Sun 07-Jun-09 18:50:55

It had swings big enough and with secure theme park type holding in devices for larger sn children. The roundabout was completely on floor level, had a range of seat sizes and even a special place you could slot in and secure a wheelchair.

I have never seen a park with provisions like that before and was very very impressed, felt I should share!

Oh and even this big boat thing to play in was wide enough for a wheelchair.

Deeeja Sun 07-Jun-09 19:53:52

Wow, where is it?
Bet it is nowhere near me.
envy

Flamesparrow Sun 07-Jun-09 20:08:28

Ferndown - dorset

Marne Sun 07-Jun-09 20:16:38

Where in Ferndown fame? I'm often out that way, i'm struggling to get dd2 in a swing now and she loves them so much. It sounds great.

Flamesparrow Sun 07-Jun-09 20:17:38

By the leisure centre and upper school - there is a layby/parking bit just before the entrance to the school & centre, and it is through the trees opposite the layby

Marne Sun 07-Jun-09 20:21:20

Thank you i will pay it a visit next time i'm in Ferndown.

SirSupportman Sun 07-Jun-09 23:21:55

Sounds nice, there should be alot more places like that though. We have a nice park in Kent (Folkestone play park on the Lees) which has an area for wheelcahirs. There are several turning and pulling type game things which are low down and parts of the floor have up and down bits and bumpy bits for going over in a chair. All in a nicely ramped area with hand rails all the way round.

ChopsTheDuck Mon 08-Jun-09 16:03:28

Marlow in Bucks has those bigger swings too, with shoulder harnesses and I'm pretty certain it also has the floor level roundabout. Just in case it is near enough for anybody.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now