Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Feel very guilty

(8 Posts)
HecatesTwopenceworth Sun 07-Jun-09 16:37:17

The noise in this house atm is enough to make your ears bleed! (2 x asd grin). Normally I don't hear it - that sounds weird, but over the years I have developed the ability to tune out the screams and squeals and stuff to the point that I can carry on a conversation while "ARRRGGGHHHH BEEEE babababa, two two, haaweeeeeeahaa, hey hey hey ARRRGGGHHH WWRRAAAAGGGHHH...." goes on in the background (ask my sister! grin ) but sometimes it does penetrate.

I'm afraid that I just yelled "Oh for the love of god, this noise is driving me CRAAAAAAAAZY!!"

ds1 came straight over to me, frowned, laid a hand on my forehead and said "aaaaaah, do you have a headache?"

blush

But also thrilled at the fact he was able to think what might be the matter, and cared, and sympathised!!

mum2fred Sun 07-Jun-09 16:54:26

lol. i can't even imagine!!

but so very sweet. smile

anonandlikeit Sun 07-Jun-09 16:58:45

No need to feel guilty, you are human.
Well done your ds1

bubblagirl Sun 07-Jun-09 17:14:42

oh bless him but i completely feel you on this im so good at channeling out also but today with all this re write for the statement me having to pen another letter not agreeing etc ds was why this and this and this and this and car sticker look whats his name bare in mind 189 characters wants me to do this every day today i had enough i don't want to do it again today im sorry i shouted too blush but made it up by reading Fraser the eraser lol

so no don't feel guilty we do so well every day were entitled not to for one day or that brief moment anyway

HecatesTwopenceworth Sun 07-Jun-09 19:03:07

Glad it's not just me grin

Although I feel much less guilty now! I tried to play on the wii with him - tennis, doubles. Me and him on one team, against the wii.

After 1 game he took the controller off me and said he wanted to play alone because I would bring down his skills level shock blush

bubblagirl Sun 07-Jun-09 19:11:18

lol thats it us mums embarrassing our kids lol

2shoes Sun 07-Jun-09 19:15:52

oh bless him how sweet

Peachy Sun 07-Jun-09 19:17:28

I am very bad at channeling out noise- I have a tendency t overload in noise myself, so it's a bit of a nightmare.

DS3 has taken to screeching like a baby at every perceived slight- 99% of the time nobody can work out what the matter is, and we can't understand him (as wella s the ASD language issues, he has scarring around his mouth from a fall at school a year ago that affects the minimal words he does use)

Dh finds it ahrd as well so ahs given up tonight and sat them all down in front of ghostbusters- silence! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now