Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

how long do i have to wait for paed report

(6 Posts)
mummysaurus Sun 07-Jun-09 13:50:40

I posted here before to say that we had a paed apppointment for our ds 3.5 where dr thought he was developmentally delayed. i called up the clinic the next day and they said we'd get a copy of the report and portage would be in touch.

This was over three weeks ago and we've had nothing from them. Feel really frustrated as my gp has said she needs to see the report before we do any further investigations.

I want to rule out any medical factors - eyesight, hearing, poor thyroid function etc.

Also not sure what areas he has most concern with so don't know where to concentrate my efforts.

am I being unreasonably impatient?

driving me nuts!

mum2fred Sun 07-Jun-09 14:04:56

ive only gotten one report so far (the initial general paed assessment which lead to futher appointments with speech and social comms). It took probably close to 5 weeks to arrive - even after numberous phone calls and physically dopping into the centre it was done at!....

mysonben Sun 07-Jun-09 15:06:20

I got the initial paed report approx 3 weeks after the appointment. They like to take their time...

Tiredmumno1 Sun 07-Jun-09 18:48:40

Hiya, it can usually take up to a month after seeing him, if u are worrie just give them a quick call, or ask ur gp if he has received his copy yet. Hope u get it soon, its horrible waiting. Good luck

mummysaurus Sun 07-Jun-09 22:15:17

thanks for your replies - seems three weeks is not so long in the scheme of things! Will phone and try to ask nicely!

TotalChaos Sun 07-Jun-09 22:18:13

agree with others, unfortunately can take up to a month partly as it can take a while for these things to get typed up! you can always ask them to fax the report over to the GP to speed things up once it is done,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now