Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

support thread for anone who doesn't fit

(12 Posts)
2shoes Sat 06-Jun-09 16:38:40

lou031205 here you are, one just for us

sarah293 Sat 06-Jun-09 17:44:15

Message withdrawn

lou031205 Sat 06-Jun-09 23:31:16

Why thank you, thank you grin

2shoes Sat 06-Jun-09 23:37:17

we needed it didn't we.
dd is a round shape in the sn topic square shape topic

Phoenix4725 Sun 07-Jun-09 03:41:29

other than starting school ds is to im lurking on them all <<greedy emotion >>lol

r3dh3d Sun 07-Jun-09 08:41:59

I don't fit in quite a lot of my clothes. Does that count? grin

lou031205 Sun 07-Jun-09 12:27:08

Of course!

Phoenix, don't think we hadn't noticed grin

That's the thing, DD1 seems to be a bit hybrid - some of her issues re: mobility could be a bit mild CP like, some sensory integration type issues, some ASD type traits, some SALT issues. Perhaps I need to get greedier!

2shoes Sun 07-Jun-09 12:28:13

well I had a convo with a rl mum the other day and we decided that our dd's have some autisic traits.....
so where does that leave me

MannyMoeAndJack Sun 07-Jun-09 12:37:23

This sounds familiar! My ds has a dx of ASD but tbh, it doesn't really describe him at all: he has no routines, no rituals, doesn't care about or even notice change, is flexible and adaptable, is affectionate and so on. In fact, he didn't even meet all the ADI criteria unequivocally but of course, there are no other labels to give a child who is non-verbal, doubly incontinent and has challenging behaviour!! I gave up reading about autism awhile ago because none of the information really applies to him and the usual strategies don't work with him because they all presuppose a certain level of cognition.

I've always thought my ds's SLDs are the main issue with him.

movingintothefuture Sun 07-Jun-09 13:52:04

Round shape in the sn topic square hole and still round in non-sn triangle hole. I think the bottle of vodka waiting for me at home is calling. I just have to drive 3 1/2 -4 hours to get there and spend 4 hours digging it out (literally swept mine and ds' chaos into my room so house was tidy for parents' visitors)Then have to tackle the aspects of list of tense dr meeting... how do you define in 10mins all the symptons and therapies that have and have used? One name just doesn't even start to cover it!

anonandlikeit Sun 07-Jun-09 17:27:44

I never know where we fit, ds2 has mild CP & ASD, but is very passive, never been a runner (CP does have its advantages )
Has fantastic understanding ,but so obviously delayed.
He obviously has brain damage but it shows in some strange ways.

Deeeja Sun 07-Jun-09 19:51:08

Lol r3d, my clothes don't fit either.
Pheonix, I lurk on all threads too, and when I do post , always seem to post something quite irrelevant to the topic. I also can not spell, can no longer touch type, and the cat keeps on ignoring me.
See, gone off topic again. I have no focus. Last week missed my ds's appointment with psych blush.
Ho hum, going back to lurking now....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now