Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Advice re OT and PHYSIO

(7 Posts)
2specialkids Fri 05-Jun-09 18:28:18

my ds2 had an assessment with OT and PHYSIO, they did the movement ABC. This was on 21st June yet not had a report back. OT said she does need to do further assessments yet not heard anything yet. Is this Normal, or should i be chasing her up.

madwomanintheattic Fri 05-Jun-09 19:48:50

21st June? typo?

2specialkids Fri 05-Jun-09 23:15:14

sorry 21st may hmm

sarah293 Sat 06-Jun-09 08:30:48

Message withdrawn

madwomanintheattic Sun 07-Jun-09 15:39:01

it's normally 3 weeks-ish for report here - but no harm in ringing the department and asking if the report has been typed up yet, ours never mind if you need it in a hurry - and you can ask if the next OT appointment has been scheduled.

Deeeja Sun 07-Jun-09 15:55:19

I always chase up reports, speak to the secretary ask when it will be posted to me.
Other wise can take up to 2 months here.

2specialkids Wed 17-Jun-09 20:00:46

well, i rang on monday and got a phone call back today. OT is in the middle of writing the report and DS has to wait till 15th July for next appointment/assessment.
Feel a bit bewildered by it all, how long from start to finish does the whole diagnosis thing take, roughly.
Really concerned as DS ir in yr2 but will be going to juniors (yr3) in september and was hoping for some sort of answer/help. althoughh he does already get one to one help 3 times a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now