Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

should i push more?

(5 Posts)
saggyjuju Fri 05-Jun-09 10:42:35

have a child who is starting a very good mainstream school in sept,our child has the classic adhd symptoms,nursery have been structuring her day to keep her focused since xmas. as soon as she was offered a school place her nursery teacher approached us saying she had concerns and was asking the senco from school to come and assess her for her transition over to school,they saw our daughter about 4-5 wks back,we were briefly told there were issues that would be monitored upto her move to school,the senco would be writing everything up for us and we would have a meeting.now i know how long things take should i be pushing for a speedier approach?

lou031205 Fri 05-Jun-09 13:42:19

I would certainly politely enquire as to when you will receive documentation regarding their visit. Then go from there.

meltedmarsbars Fri 05-Jun-09 14:06:18

Oh yes, a little pressure can do no harm, and can improve your communication with senco.

mysonben Fri 05-Jun-09 15:03:26

Hmm... that 's fairly typical . We are still waiting to hear about the observations my ds' SENCO made 5 weeks ago. In the end i pushed forwrd and spoke to the nursery manger to get a meeting with the SENCO and ds' key worker at nursery , because they never say much when i ask questions.
Go on give them a nudge! {wink]

saggyjuju Fri 05-Jun-09 15:21:09

have already asked the nursery teacher a couple of weeks ago,she got quite flustered and said the senco was very busy but they would all be monitering our daughter upto school,not an answer i know! its just we had a holiday at half term and obviously excitement kicked in and needless to say we had regular periods of disbelief at our daughters behavior sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now