Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Twisting the Knife

(6 Posts)
TheRealMrsF Mon 09-May-05 10:39:20

Alex drove me mad this weekend/this morning.

he seems to be getting so clingy- yesterday the neighbours invited him round to go on their trampoline- he came back within 1 minute- sobbing- hadn't even gone through front door...

Just keeps saying "i can't make up my mind'
whenever something 'different' is suggested.

also- going to school- he gets out the car- then just freezes on the spot and cries.

Today- i 'tested' him out and just drove away- feeling awful- but 'if' he's 'just trying it on' then i have to see what happens if i 'don't pander to him'.... but deep down i am so sure this is 'MORE' than clingyness.

as you know lately he's been'checking' more and more about what people say and do.... and i feel certain that his behaviour at the mo is AS related.

Ofcourse- i am still 'alone' with this- but am seeing the psychologist on friday about the boys- so will mention all this.

Just feeling sad that he's feeling so 'confused'...and i keep losing my temper/patience...all because no-one sees what i do.

coppertop Mon 09-May-05 10:47:36

MrsF. It makes me so angry that no-one will listen to you. With 2 older boys with AS you would think they would realise by now that you recognise AS when you see it!

TheRealMrsF Mon 09-May-05 10:50:28

I just feel it's my fault- in that i hate confrontations...so avoid them at all costs.

Feel i'm close to DEMANDING he get assessed- but just don't want the Paed who we see ref tom and leigh to do it- as she is spineless. (and NO CT...not literally!!!!)

flum Tue 10-May-05 16:19:31

Do you think he could be 'learning' the behaviour from the older boys?

coppertop Tue 10-May-05 18:12:28

There's a big difference between copied behaviour and the real thing IME. Sometimes my ds1 and ds2 will copy each other's behaviours. They will copy something a few times and then lose interest. The one who genuinely has that particular behaviour will carry on for weeks/months/years.

TheRealMrsF Thu 12-May-05 09:53:57

no- cos i was pregnant with alex when tom was saying similar things at a similar age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now