Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Reapplying for DLA

(4 Posts)
Loobie Sun 08-May-05 19:13:56

Ds1 has autism amongst other things.He is currently getting dla,middle rate for care and lower rate for mobility,his needs are increasing but he isnt due to reaply till january,would i be able to apply before then cause he should now definately be entitled to higher rate at least in the care and possibly mobility too.
If i can does anyone know how i go about it thanks .

QueenEagle Sun 08-May-05 19:33:28

My dd's needs changed and I think there was a helpline number to call on the award letter. They will send you a new claim pack and I believe they will award you any increase from the date of receipt of the application form so don't delay getting one and sending it in.

Good luck

Davros Sun 08-May-05 21:14:30

Yeah, you have to be informing them of a change. It could be greater needs or an extra dx etc. Good luck. I did this some years ago when hyperactivity was being discussed with my Paed. It didn't become a new dx but was a sort-of new situation.... and it worked.

SoBlue Mon 09-May-05 22:01:09

you might be interested that Cerebra.org.uk have a new DLA help guide its step by step for each question and also an insight into how they make their decisions.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: