Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Help, I've been googling too much

(3 Posts)
wigglybeezer Mon 01-Jun-09 13:05:09

sometimes mumsnet is not good for me, Have just followed a link about fragile X and have ended up googling too much info and i am now all worried about DS1(10) again.

DS1 has quite a long face and largish (but not too sticky out) ears, he had a very large head/forehead as a baby/toddler.

His behavior has always been difficult (very restless and impulsive at home) and I have always had a niggle about something not being quite right but he hit all his basic milestones and is about middle of his class at school.

His speech was quite hard for people to understand until he was about 4 and a half and he took a long time to get the hang of sequences like the days of the week and months of the year (any time concepts basically).

I suppose what I am asking is can you have fragile X and have a normal IQ but some behavioral and physical signs, can it be easily missed (his brother has mild AS by the way).

magso Mon 01-Jun-09 13:14:14

Hi Wigglebeezer! Cannot answer your question but I did the same (googled too much)! Ds has m/sLD with ASD and ADHD and was never tested for FragX ( long story) and I too have been looking at his photo and wondering - again!

wigglybeezer Mon 01-Jun-09 13:58:09

Glad it's not just me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now