Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

fragile x

(5 Posts)
vicky275 Sun 31-May-09 21:12:06

does any body know any thing about this I have been told that my son could have it and i cant find out much about it want to know before see the doctor next hate it when they talk down to me about my son

monstermansmum Sun 31-May-09 21:33:08

not much sorry! I know it is the most common 'kind' of learning disability and that it covers a fairly wide spectrum. I know one little boy who manages mainstream school very well, then again there are quite a lot of children with fragile x at my sons special school. They are all quite able, mobile and vocal. Somebody who actually knows soomething about it will be along soon I'm sure. x

vicky275 Mon 01-Jun-09 07:19:52

Thanks for that I thought i was going mad nobody seems to of even heard of it around here

misscutandstick Mon 01-Jun-09 07:41:38

I had my son tested for it, as he has learning difficulties and is non-verbal. It came back negative, but i did find some very useful sites:

the fragile x site

wikki website general info

more useful info

also check "martin-bell syndrome" as its also very close to fragile X. XXX

vicky275 Mon 01-Jun-09 15:31:17

thank you for that thr fragile x site was a great help about to check out the others now while ds is sleeping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now