Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

vic to wetaugust....are you receiving me!

(21 Posts)
pickyvic Sun 31-May-09 00:21:58

wetaugust are you out there? its vic! given RK the boot....
so are you there?

Goblinchild Sun 31-May-09 01:58:04

When shall we three meet again,
In thunder, lightning or in rain?

When you find the old bat, give me a prod too pickyvic. wink

pickyvic Sun 31-May-09 21:15:18

hello!!! i will! now....tell me who you are!

(i think i can guess....lol! )

vic x

WetAugust Sun 31-May-09 22:39:11

Hi Vic and Goblin

You need to tell me more - I'm intrigued

Goblinchild Sun 31-May-09 23:00:15

Well, I've brought my bucket and my guidebook to Holland, so we can set fire to it.
And I'm up to my ears in planning, whilst trying to explain the worst bit of Aspie-unfriendly homework to G that he's had all year.
So now do you know me?

Goblinchild Sun 31-May-09 23:01:49

And this site doesn't have an edit button that I can find, so my sentence will be missing that comma forever.

pickyvic Sun 31-May-09 23:07:51

i do indeed my love! and im soooo glad your here! i did have an inkling - only you could quote from shakespeare miss! macbeth was the BAIN of my life when i did my GCSE! but i had emailed a couple of people who were missing witty....but you are unmistakable so hi! so glad your here!

and wet august - hi!!!

im here....shall be logging onto mumsnet from now on in....so
yo!
how are we all? we had a little meltdown today....another laptop bit the dust. thank god for insurance.
apart from that were good!

pickyvic Sun 31-May-09 23:11:00

and i ive spelt bain wrong so that will be here forever too.....damn that no edit button....how thick do i look now?? lol

still, whats a comma and a typo amongst friends eh?

pickyvic Sun 31-May-09 23:11:54

cos that should have been bane....i did it again.

WetAugust Sun 31-May-09 23:20:37

Ahhhh! I know who Goblin is too. Hi. Let's nuke Holland.

pickyvic Sun 31-May-09 23:29:08

im up for that! long range missiles ahoy...(or do we only need short range for holland?)
either way nuke em!
had a nosey about on here and no sick buckets required! how refreshing!

Goblinchild Sun 31-May-09 23:47:35

We ought to reassure the rest of the posters on this site that they haven't been taken over by marauding pirates or North Koreans, and in fact we have nothing against the Netherlands at all.

Merely that the saccharine comparison between arriving in Holland when you thought your destination was Italy, as an analogy for having a child with SN, is one that irritates the three of us.

WetAugust Mon 01-Jun-09 00:07:36

We're in good company here. Any puke-inducing poetry gets slammed down PDQ.

Just to explain to everyone, we are 3 mothers with teenage aspies who have migrated from another site. I much prefer it here on MN where divergent views are tolerated. Hugs hun. (pass the sick bucket Alice).

pickyvic Mon 01-Jun-09 18:34:18

lol! dont you mean HUGZ!?

well im just getting to grips with MN....havnt posted anywhere else yet.

did i mention that another laptop bit the dust yesterday? i had another meltdown....in the face of darling son having a meltdown, and the lappy got it! this time ive decided to claim on the house insurance....and i really need to learn to walk away when he 'starts.'or it could start getting very expensive...

so look out for me round and about wont you?
vic x

lou031205 Mon 01-Jun-09 18:57:59

Welcome to MN smile Interested to know what you will state as the cause of the laptop's demise? wink

Goblinchild Mon 01-Jun-09 19:17:42

A Close Encounter of the Aspie Kind grin

I'm the proud parent of the only Aspie on the planet who is rubbish with computers. Given a choice between a laptop and a holiday in York looking at old stuff, he had no difficulty at all.

pickyvic Mon 01-Jun-09 23:06:28

lol....im from york - are you sure he didnt see me? (i feel very old!)

the lappies demise - well. long story. the first one went out of the bedroom window at 3am. that was me.
this one was exactly as goblin says - a close encounter of the aspie kind

he is 17 and nearly 6ft....the lappy was a casualty of war

im pleased to say were all ok....still in one piece - well except for the lappie!

thanks for the welcome! x

WetAugust Mon 01-Jun-09 23:16:23

You keep Intel in business ! grin

Phoenix4725 Tue 02-Jun-09 03:27:09

hi and welcome , thnk poems lol need banning to if you nuke holland let me know so can make sure you got aim right

lou031205 Tue 02-Jun-09 16:23:38

Ah, but you know that Holland has special things, too, don't you? I could give you the link of a really great poem about it.....wink

pickyvic Tue 02-Jun-09 22:27:12

noooooooo! please spare us!

(and ta for the welcome!)

im vic - 37, mum of 2 - one NT 11 year old DD and one aspie 17 year old DS! he is at college doing A levels and thats opened a whole new can of worms...

glad to be here, and among like minded holland type sickly poem haters!

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now