Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Had some good news :-)

(15 Posts)
Blossomhill Fri 06-May-05 18:19:15

As you all know dd is a budding little author and loves anything to do with letters, writing, reading etc (maths is a different story but hey!).
Anyway she usuallyhas literacy in the unit but the school have told me that 1 she goes into year 2 for literacy (she is in year 1 and the youngest in the class as an August baby). She is now fully in mainstream for literacy as she is doing so well, infact the school have said she is very gifted in literacy. The funniest thing was when the teacher told me that dd is starting to use commas, exclamation marks and speech marks in her work. If you knew dd you would know why I find it so funny. She is such an eccentric lttle thing.
Hope you don't maind me sharing this with you and I am not meaning to boast. It's just so nice that things are moving in the right direction (well some of the time )xxx

Donbean Fri 06-May-05 18:22:34

You should be as proud as punch! And boasting to any one who will listen, fantastic news.

meea Fri 06-May-05 18:29:29

That's great news blossom you have every right to be proud .

Blossomhill Fri 06-May-05 18:38:18

Oh by the way she is 5 and is in a language unit attached to a ms school.

Thanks for your lovely replies

coppertop Fri 06-May-05 18:42:02

Boast away, BH! When she's a purple-haired famous author we can all say that we 'knew' her when she was 5 years old.

Thomcat Fri 06-May-05 18:43:34

Wonderful, boast to your hearts content babes, xx

InternationalGirl Fri 06-May-05 19:08:33

...and you keep being proud of her and sharing all these wonderful achievements with us!!
We love hearing the good stuff. Well done little Blossomhill!!

Pages Fri 06-May-05 19:10:11

Fab news Blossom, it's really great to hear some good news like that - don't feel you are boasting at all!!!

JakB Fri 06-May-05 19:15:20

Wonderful news! That's really brightened up my day! Bless your DD.

Davros Fri 06-May-05 19:17:29

That's great Bloss. I was guffawing at something else you posted the other day that she'd written or said. This could be her niche! Does she ever write on a computer? She'd love emoticons.

Blossomhill Fri 06-May-05 20:09:28

Davros - yesterday she was making cards for everybody. She wrote things like "try not to worry" and "sorry you are leaving".
She is just so comical, it's untrue.
She does come onto the computer but usually just for cbeebies so should try her on Word!
Dd and ds have just been having a jumble sale on the garden and dd put a label on the pc for 1p, if only

anniebear Fri 06-May-05 21:07:45

You boast away!!!

Thats brilliant, she sounds lovely!!

pixel Fri 06-May-05 22:23:35

Oh that is good news. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your clever little girl!

monica2 Fri 06-May-05 22:29:18

That's fantastic news Blossomhill, I love hearing things about your dd We found a fab pressie for DD last Xmas, it was a "be your own author" set (in the Tracy Beaker line). It has tips on how to write your own book, with an actual book with blank numbered pages in it, and space to put in the chapters and even design the front cover etc. think we found it in a big Sainsburys. JK Rowling eat your heart out!

KarenThirl Sat 07-May-05 06:58:08

Well done to BH junior. No wonder mummy's so proud.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now