Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

First Sweet Peas Toddler Group!

(19 Posts)
JakB Fri 06-May-05 07:47:47

Had the first one yesterday. It went really well. There were about 8 mums and babes there- four who we had not met before. A real mixture of special needs including a little boy with Down's Syndrome, a baby girl who is profoundly deaf and a little boy who has not diagnosis but lots of autistic spectrum traits (and no spoken language yet- his lovely mum was quizzing me about autism!). I think the mums appreciated it. Got to get busy now setting up special 'talks' and stuff. I was very nervous but will be more relaxed next week. DD will go next week, too...
ps Mabs- so sorry, will DEFINITELY send you details...

coppertop Fri 06-May-05 09:02:55

Well done! It sounds like a great group. I'd love something like that round here.

heartinthecountry Fri 06-May-05 09:48:42

Well done you JakB - I'm sure it is going to make a lot of difference for the mums that come.

Davros Fri 06-May-05 10:04:40

I was wondering about this the other day. Sounds great JakB, well done. If you want any ideas for topics, speakers etc I might be able to help.

Merlot Fri 06-May-05 10:38:37

Sounds Great , wish we lived nearer

KarenThirl Fri 06-May-05 11:40:05

Sounds like a great group. You're doing a great job.

pixel Fri 06-May-05 15:03:03

Congratulations! So glad it went well after all your hard work.

Where is Sweet peas by the way? And how many children do you hope to be able to cater for? Sorry, just being nosy but forgot to ask before!

JakB Fri 06-May-05 15:16:09

Pixel, we don't have any cut-off point in terms of numbers but hopefully, it would be great to get 15-20 mums. It's at a restuarant, Chez Nous, in Kemptown with a fab conservatory and garden. Davros, I would love to get some ideas for talks and topics! Shall I call you?

JakB Fri 06-May-05 19:19:05

Saw a mum who came yesterday in town and she said it really cheered her up and she felt lots more positive as a result of the group! Exactly what I was hoping for...

RnB Fri 06-May-05 19:20:57

Message withdrawn

JakB Fri 06-May-05 19:22:28

Hope you can make it one thursday love. Yes to the cab. What time and where?

Blossomhill Fri 06-May-05 19:22:32

Well done JakB . I think you are doing such a lovely thing and only wished I lived nearer so I could come along!

JakB Fri 06-May-05 19:22:59

I would LOVE it if you could come, Blossom, with your wonderful DD (as special guest)

Davros Fri 06-May-05 19:23:36

JakB, yes please do. Have you got my phone number? I'm usually wafting around (doing the housework ha ha) on a Monday. I could at least give you topic suggestions from the support group I've been running for a few years, its always ASD/ABA related but can easily be adapted. I've also written agendas for most of these topics so can give you "headlines", I just write these to get people talking, and I have notes from the resulting discussions which I'd be happy to give you if it would help organise your thoughts. Next thing I'll be coming down and telling you all what you're allowed to discuss!!

Blossomhill Fri 06-May-05 19:24:27

Ah that is such a lovely thing to say JakB xxx Even bought a tear to my eye!!!

RnB Fri 06-May-05 19:26:36

Message withdrawn

monica2 Fri 06-May-05 22:22:32

So glad it went well JakB

MABS Fri 06-May-05 22:54:42

delighted it went weLl JakB, look forward to meeting you next week. I know where Chez Nous is in Kemptown as I work in the marina!

JakB Mon 09-May-05 12:12:17

Ah! Yes, it's very near the Marina. I used to work in the Marina many years ago. Look forward to meeting you too. Am about to CAT you with details...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now