Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Annual review today. Having a proud moment!

(10 Posts)
pixel Thu 05-May-05 17:54:57

Had ds's annual review at his school today and came out with big smiles. He has come on in leaps and bounds in every way since starting in September, especially considering he has only recently gone full-time. Of course a lot of improvements like eye-contact and walking we have noticed at home but it's lovely to hear how well he is getting on at school too. He's gone from a total refusal to walk anywhere to moving independantly around the school on being shown a picture cue, from being passive and withdrawn to taking an interest in activities. Instead of being scared and miserable he gives the staff a big hug in the morning and giggles all day.

Ok, he still has big problems to overcome(it's felt that his sensory issues are holding him back and need to be tackled before he can progress in other areas) but to see him so settled and happy is a huge weight off my mind. The school is great, the staff are fab, I love them all!

Actually, Dh and I saw the staff 'in action' as we were waiting in reception. An alarm went off, someone shouted "A1", staff appeared from all directions and ran off along the corridor. It was all quite exciting, or would have been if A1 wasn't ds's class..... luckily it was a false alarm! Good to see how well organised they are though!

JakB Thu 05-May-05 19:25:08

FANTASTIC!!!!
Absolutely thrilled for you love. Glass of champagne at the meet-up. So hope DD goes there...

MarsLady Thu 05-May-05 19:33:18

Well done that boy!

Blossomhill Thu 05-May-05 20:24:54

Great news Pixel, really happy for you!

It is such a weight off of your mind when you know they are in the right school place isn't it?

coppertop Thu 05-May-05 20:34:16

Well done to mini-Pixel! It sounds as though he's made a lot of progress.

macwoozy Thu 05-May-05 20:42:54

You sound dead chuffed, I'm glad for you

anniebear Thu 05-May-05 21:12:45

Thats really good

you must be so proud

xxx

pixel Thu 05-May-05 21:48:18

Thanks all, I am chuffed. I've ALMOST forgiven him for waking us all up at 3.30am!

Jak, how was Sweet Peas?

eidsvold Fri 06-May-05 00:28:06

well done little pixel...brilliant news

KarenThirl Fri 06-May-05 06:58:15

That's brilliant, he's doing really well. No wonder you're so proud.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now