Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

reapplying to Family Fund, advice please..

(8 Posts)
anniebear Wed 04-May-05 19:38:15

Just re-applied to Family Fund, third year running now.

Last year we just re-applied by e mail and got a cheque within a week!!!

This time we had to fill in the form on line (and will have to wait around 12 weeks). Does this mean we have to have somebody come out to us this time? They didn't last year

Thanks

onlyjoking Wed 04-May-05 20:14:20

we have applied for the last five years , the last two/three times we have done it online last one was only six weeks ago and we got a cheque last week, have you ever had a vist? we had one the first time but have not had anymore since, i am sure if you search sprecial needs you will find that someone said recently that family fund had had some teccy problems and so were asking people to reapply, may be worth phoning them to check

anniebear Wed 04-May-05 21:07:49

Yes, we had a visit the first year we applied, but last year they said just to e mail them with our reference number to re-apply which we did.

But this year we had to do the whole form. There was no where to put our refernece number or to say we were re-applying

Was hoping they wouldnt come out!

sparklymieow Wed 04-May-05 21:10:09

if you applied between the 3rd and 14th april you have to reapply as they had techy problems with their online system.

anniebear Wed 04-May-05 21:56:50

No, just applied yesterday

sparklymieow Wed 04-May-05 22:00:17

There is a space at the top of the online form for your number, but don't worry I'm sure they will find your details, I was told alst week when I phoned that they are currently about 11 weeks behind, so don't expect nothing too soon, and I don't think you will have to have another visit..

beep Wed 04-May-05 22:05:33

sparkly I applied on the 9th april online and got an email back saying they would get back to me which could take several weeks and that there is no need to recontact them they will contact me , do I need to re apply ?

sparklymieow Thu 05-May-05 00:07:32

yes, I would! Appartently people were getting an email back and then the applications weren't going through. I just phoned up just to checked to make sure they had the application and there was no record of it, so had to reapply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now